Friday, October 09, 2026

Success With The Doll's Vest

 Yesterday was sunny for most of the day. The clouds did roll in late in the afternoon. The high got to 20C. This morning it is damp outside and 10C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with a chance of showers this afternoon. The high is  supposed to get to 17C.

Lifestyle

I sat for a bit after breakfast and enjoyed the sunshine pouring in the windows. Then I got up and started to clean the upper cabinets. Each cabinet had some area that needed organizing and wiping. The biggest job was the baking cabinet. All the cupboard doors were wiped down. Once that was done, I scrubbed the counters and called it done. I just have the pantry to do and the walls to wash. 

I put on a load of laundry and folded the load I had done the day before. I put the clean sheets back on the bed later in the afternoon. 

Son was over to see me for a few minutes. He has to go grocery shopping as the stores are closed on Monday. We are not having Thanksgiving this weekend but may have it later on. Daughter-in-law will be exhausted as she has a long flight home plus time change on Sunday. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday. I cut out another doll's vest and sewed it up. I kept the first one so I knew which way to press the seams before top stitching. It was an easy sew until I got to the neck. 

I looked at the pictures, thought for a minute and sewed the little seam It worked though it is not 100% perfect. It will do. I carefully trimmed the seam at the neckline, turned the little facing down and hand stitched it in place. 

At this point I stopped as I had accomplished my goal and it was getting dark outside. 

Knitting

I knit 8 rows last night and the afghan is now 23" long. 

Thoughts

    It was a surprise to see a hurricane forming in the Gulf. Mother Nature let us off in September only to surprise us in October. In our province we wonder if it will hit land or veer off into the ocean. 

    I ate well yesterday. My portion control was great (small) and I felt full. The only thing I need to remember to do is add salt to the rice. I didn't as I usually have my rice with my meat. I am still figuring out what to eat but I do know that what I ate yesterday was a good start. 

Today

I am going to tackle the pantry and may even get some kitchen walls washed. I would like to sew on the doll's vest this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment