Friday, October 02, 2026

Progress On The Bag

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds which ranged from being sunny for a while and then full cloud coverage. The high got to 21C (humidex 25C). This morning it is cloudy and 17C (low got to 14C). Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 25C (humidex 28C).

Lifestyle

Yesterday I headed to New Minas to grocery shop. I got the items we needed for making sandwiches plus did a big grocery shopping for me. I went to Walmart to get everything as it is cheaper than the main grocery stores. I had looked at Giant Tiger's sale flyer and there was nothing I wanted in it. They did have a few items cheaper than Walmart. 

Once home, I put my groceries away and then headed to family's to put the sandwich items away and get the eggs. The door to the in-law suite wouldn't open for me and I had to go in through the main house. We are not sure why it wouldn't work but did figure out a way for me to make the door unlock. 

While making dinner, I boiled the eggs and took the shells off them. They are in the fridge ready to be mashed today. I did make a lovely dinner for last night and tonight. While I was cleaning up, I got a phone call to say we had to make sandwiches on Monday. That means I mix fillings today, make sandwiches and shop tomorrow, and mix fillings on Sunday. I don't make sandwiches on Monday as I have physio at 8 am. 

Sewing

I did sew more on the purse. I covered one handle. Turning over 50" of tube is not what I call fun. I threaded the webbing through the tube and top stitched it in place. Next I put fusible fleece onto the print leaving 2" at the top. I put fusible interfacing on it. I turned down the top 2" so I have a 1" hem. Repeated for the other side. I also put fusible fleece on the purple bottom part of the bag. 

 I laid out one of the top parts of the bag and pinned the pocket on and stitched it down. I then measured where the handle was to go and pinned it in place. I stitched it down. I then sewed the bottom onto the top and top stitched it in place. One front was completed. 

I now need to make the tube for the second handle and attach it. Then I can finish the bag which should take a couple of hours. 

Knitting

I did knit l2 rows last night. I finished the ball of yarn and attached a new ball to finish the pattern. 

Thoughts

    We are having a couple of days of warm weather due to a shift in the jet stream. It is pulling warm air up from the south. The wind has been from the south-west since late last night. This is giving us warmer than normal temperatures at the moment. The air is humid also as I had to empty the dehumidifier yesterday afternoon and have been running the heat pump on dehumidify since 4 pm yesterday. 

    The drive to New Minas was lovely. The trees are turning colours and when you look in some areas it is gorgeous. The mix of red, orange, yellow and green is spectacular. I truly enjoyed the trip both ways. It something that needs to be enjoyed before it is gone. 

    I was surprised at how many early shoppers there were at Walmart when I went in. By the time I left, it was quiet and I didn't have to wait in a long line to check out. I did a bit of price comparison while shopping and was surprised at how much we save when shopping there. Food prices are high in our grocery stores and people are out looking for lower prices. 

    I decided to do my glucose reading yesterday morning and it was 5.8. It scared me as I don't want it to go above 6.0. I did it again at noon and it was 5.4 which was much better. Between that and gaining weight, I took control of my eating once again. It is part of my October plan. I need to shift my thinking back to looking after myself once again. 

Today

I hope to do a bit of sewing this morning and then head out to do the sandwich fillings at family's house. I will take everything to the hall. I am going to rest if I have any spare time. If I have the energy, I will knit tonight but only a few rows. I am pacing myself as I have a lot to do this weekend. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment