Friday, July 04, 2014

A Little Dress Evolves

Yesterday was cooler than the day before. It got to 30.6C or 87F. The wind kept it cooler than we thought it would. It seems as if it will be a tad cooler for a few days and then heat up again.

The Spousal Unit picked raspberries first thing in the morning and I was able to can 6 pints of them. They come out of the canner this morning due to the process I use so they won’t cook down to mush. I bring the water to a boil, take off the heat and wrap the hot canner in towels and blankets. They seal during the cooling down period.

I warmed up the sewing machine sewing a scarf. It was an easy sew for someone who was tired from traveling. The fabric was left over from the red faux leather vest I made.

038

I puttered in and out of the house pulling weeds in the garden and setting up the next little girl’s muslin. It was called read twice, measure three times, draw, and cut. It seems to have worked out as it isn’t too small according to the tape measure.

The skirt turned out amazing at the waist. It fit to perfection.

039

And the back.

040

I started putting the bias binding onto the neckline. This time I cut them 2” wide which gave me a bit of extra fabric on the underside. Perfect.

041

I got the first armhole done and ran out of steam.

042

I had to have a 90 minute rest as I was falling apart with exhaustion. When I recouped I finished up the dress ready to serge the hem and finish it off.

043

Today we have to can 14 pints of cherries. I then have to finish the little dress ready to try it on my little model. Then I have to sew a queen dress muslin that I have cut out and have hanging in the closet. I may do some more weeding just to go outside for a while.

Until tomorrow……………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment