Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bolero Fun

It was a hot and sunny day yesterday. We got to 37.8C or 100F. We sat outside for a bit last night and knew it had been hot. Today seems to be a repeat of yesterday for weather.

The dining room is cleaned. I washed the windows, the ceiling beam, and the floors. One window was washed inside and out and the windows in the gable end got washed on the inside only. The outside of those windows will get done soon.

It has been a lot of work to date cleaning the house. I am purging as I go which takes time. But the end results are making me feel like I have accomplished something during the hot weather. My goal is to be done in two weeks and then spend a week outside cleaning up in preparation for our son and his family’s visit.

I got some extra sewing time in. Before breakfast I laid out the body pieces for two girls boleros. I used left over scraps of fabric for them. The bodies are lined with left over white broadcloth. By the time I started house cleaning both of the boleros looked like this.

001

003

The larger bolero is finished and it was fun to make. The smaller one is ready to have the lining put in and the sleeves inserted. I did not line the sleeves.

004

There is enough of the garment fabric left to make something else. I will look at patterns today as I want to use it all up and throw out the small amount of scraps.

I did clean up a bit of the sewing room yesterday morning. Part of the floor is swept and a few things put away. What is out needs to be cut and sewn which I am going to work my way through. Lining for a dress, the bottom half of a dress that needs fringe cut and sewn on, and a shirt that needs to be cut out and embroidered. I am waiting for two dresses to be blinged so I can sew them.

I ended up the day running 14 minutes and walking 11 minutes on the treadmill. Walk was at 4 and run at 6 on the treadmill. I was puffing and sweating at the end. Working on endurance at the moment so I can hit the pavement when it cools off. I have cleaned up my eating again as I want to loose the weight I gained this spring/early summer. I had a bit of a rough time with my eating. The dietician wanted me to eat 4 carb servings a meal on running days. It didn’t work out so I am back doing what I was doing before.

Today I am starting to clean the living room. If I hunker down, I can get half of it done. Then the second bolero will be completed and a new project to use up the remaining fabric will be started.

Until tomorrow………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment