Sunday, December 05, 2010

Christmas Tree Napkins

Every year people showcase the items they make for Christmas gifts or for themselves. It is so exciting to look at what is made. Most of the time, the items are new to me but, on occasion, they are items I have made.

My memory was jarred when a person showed her gorgeous Christmas tree napkins. Here is where you can see them:

http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-tree-napkin-this-is-very.html

The instructions can be obtained here:

http://lynbrown.com/?p=512

I thought where are mine (they have been moved around a couple of times) and I dug them out. I had made 6 napkins, 6 placemats, and 6 mug rugs. And they have never been used. I saw the pattern at Around the Block and the owners challenged me to make some for the Count Down to Christmas sewing day (12 hours long). I did and made the placemats and mug rugs.

Here are some pictures:



The complete set of 6.


The napkins.


The mug rugs.
I ended up doing a demonstration of the mug rugs at Count Down to Christmas and by the time Christmas arrived, Around the Block had sold most of its fat quarters. There were literally hundreds of mug rugs given as gifts that year.


One napkin folded into threes. Love this way much better.

Here is a video on another way to make Christmas Tree Napkins. Cute idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment