Sunday, June 28, 2026

The First Roses Picked

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 23C (humidex 28C). This morning it is foggy and 16C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds this morning with chances of rain in the afternoon. The high is to get to 22C (humidex 27C).

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I got a load of laundry on before heading outside while it was cool. I wanted to see how the rose bush was doing and it didn't disappoint me. I cut three roses from the bush and did a bit of clean up. 

This rose has a delicate scent to it which is nice. I also checked the tomatoes and they are doing well. 

I also spent time cleaning the table the bbq is on. I put away everything I didn't need and washed it well. It was covered in pollen and dirt. Happy that was done, I went inside as it was getting humid out there. 

Inside, I dusted the living room and did some cleaning where I sit on the couch. I also got a box up and packed everything up for daughter. I could not get it all in one box so will have to send her two boxes. I still have more dishes to add to the 2nd box. 

The humidity was bad yesterday. The house got hot and was hard to cool down. I emptied the dehumidifier this morning and it was 3/4 full. It ran all day yesterday. Having little to no breeze is not helping either. I have to say that summer is not my favourite season and hasn't been for many, many years. 

Daughter-in-law called last night to say she cooked the egg cooker. At 30+ years it met its due date and decided to die. That thing has been one useful gadget and I will have to buy a new one. Anyways, I laughed really hard when she told me as I was expecting it to happen. 

Sewing

I did sew. yesterday even though the sewing room was warm. I sewed the sleeves for the lining together and then inserted them into the lining. It was harder than I had thought. The sleeve cap was not smooth but had little bumps on it. They kept sticking out past the arm hole and bothered me. When I realized what was causing it, I understood the why and finished the job. I did sew the collar together and have it basted onto the jacket. 

I am now ready to sew the lining and the jacket together. Time to watch the video so I do it right. I did a lot of hand basting yesterday which takes extra time. 

Knitting

I did not knit last night as it was humid. 

Thoughts

    We are building up to having it warmer than normal on June 30. July 1 is to be cooler and then it will be warm again. Nights are going to be warm which makes sleeping harder unless you run the a/c. It is a season where I don't like to be outside a lot, don't enjoy cooking meals, and sleep poorly. I will get through this season like I always do. I am trying not to complain as parts of Europe are having a heat wave with temperatures about 10 to 15C hotter than we are having. 

    As I have done as much as I want to do for the Acadian outfit and have almost finished the Edwardian wardrobe, I am now thinking of what to sew next. I have no idea at the moment but need to think about it. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet, the minutes from last week, and fold laundry. I hope to sew this afternoon but we wait and see as I am quite tired. Knitting will be the same wait and see. I may end up napping though I don't want to. 

Until the next time..........................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:30 PM

    Is the egg cooker for hard boiled eggs? I have always just cooked them in a saucepan, cover with cold water. Bring to a boil on stove burner on high, when water is full boil, put the lid on, turn the burner off, leave pan on the stove, and set the timer for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, drain the hot water and cover with ice in cold water. They have always been perfect using this method. And no extra appliances needed. Marianne

    ReplyDelete