Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thinking of 2019

Yesterday we had snow once again and then, in the evening, it rained. There is still snow on the ground though I'm sure it is pretty rotten. There is more snow in the forecast for the next 48 hours. 

Lifestyle

I have been doing a lot of thinking the past few days. I'm getting ready for the new year and what I want to do. I've been reflecting on the past couple of years and trying to figure out what has worked and what hasn't. What will be my main word for the next year? I have pretty much decided and am working my plan for next year around that word. I am still focusing on

  • Healthy lifestyle
  • Painting the basement
  • Sewing down the stash
  • Knitting down the stash
I'm going to put my ideas into my bullet journal in a more organized way. I'm working on that; daily/weekly/both. 

Sewing

I had quite the internet search yesterday. I want to try a bag pattern and couldn't remember the websites they were on. I remembered that one of the designers had made something else and after 90 minutes of searching, I found the patterns I wanted. I can now do a test pattern later on. 
I hemmed grandson's pants yesterday. They take quite a while as I don't want the stitches to show and the crease needs to be gone. They were delivered yesterday afternoon. 
I also printed out the test pattern. I need to lay it out and start the embroidery part. I'm hoping I can use a smaller hoop as the part that is embroidered is not very big. 
From now to Christmas I need to sew in order:

  • Lunch bag (I will post the pattern when I start)
  • Pyjama pants 
  • Grey t-shirt for me
If I get these done with time to spare, I will sew up the cut out projects in the basket. They need to be worked on over time. 

Knitting

I knit on the messy bun hat last night. I need to figure out how many more inches I need to knit before decreasing and binding it off. I do love the yarn and will use the left over yarn for a hat and vest/poncho for the dolls. 
I had hoped to go to the city tomorrow but the earliest will be Thursday due to the weather. I need the yarn to finish the toque I am started and ran out of yarn. 

Today

I'm heading in shortly for blood work, getting more medication, and then home to work on the test pattern. I need to get it done for the designer. 
Until the next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment