Monday, November 05, 2018

More Sewing Room Set Up

Yesterday was blustery but there was no rain and lots of sunshine. In the afternoon it got cooler and this morning it is -1C with lots of frost. 

Lifestyle

While I have been working in the sewing room, I have been thinking about my brain and how it works. I have come to the conclusion that I need to continue working on focusing on a daily basis. Focus is huge for me as I can ignore things and walk by them a hundred times without noticing them. I also let looking after myself get neglected as I let it slip from my thoughts. 
As the year draws to a close (less than two months), I need to start working on focus. It will become a explore/goal for next year. I'm trying to end up the year with more emphasis on focus. 

Sewing Room

I got the next section of floor scrubbed while the Spousal Unit put the rod into the closet and put the handles on the closet doors. It wasn't as hard a job but I was on my hands and knees for an hour. 
The shelving unit will remain in that spot until I get my fabric sewn up. I don't like it but that is the best I can do. 
I hung up the fabric I have to make western shirts starting in January. 
I have enough fabric to make six shirts and parts to make two more. The bibs need to go to the seniors complex that is part of the hospital. 
The sitting area is done and I'm happy with the results. We did it like this when we first set up the room and I'm happy to have it back to that set ups again. 
I chose to use the lime green baskets for the yarn and the blanket on the chair. I will add coral to the mix. 
I used an old pillow and the matching pillow case to pad the back of this chair. I'll see how it works for me. 
The last thing I did was to put the handle onto the door. It took both of us to figure it out and I'm enjoying the levers we put into this room. 
I am pleased with the room to date. 

Knitting

I knit 30 more rows on the shawl last night. Two more nights of plain knitting and then I start shaping the end. I hope to have it done by Thursday night. 

Today

I will finish scrubbing the floor, clean the windows and put more items back into the room. I'm hoping it will be done by the end of the week. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment