Friday, November 23, 2018

Playing With The Journal

Yesterday we had a lovely sunny day with only one snow flurry in the morning. It got cold in the evening and it is cold today. But it is going to warm up and hopefully the snow will disappear. 
Yesterday afternoon's snow storm. 
Yes it was quite the storm that lasted for quite a while. 

Lifestyle

I had one pain free day yesterday. I'm thinking it may have been due to stretching a lot in bed and then taking Advil in the morning. Going to work on this daily plus try to keep my posture good. 
I got my bullet journal out again. I tossed it into the bin of receipts when I was in pain and didn't want to deal with anything. I am trying to set up a page a day that will deal with 

    • Health
    • Home
    • Sewing
    • Knitting
I'm working on what I will do daily and see if it will help me move forward. Yesterday's home focus was on the master bedroom. It is now spotless. I did do the guest room and am happy with the we got the built in vacuum clean hose and attachments hung in the closet. Everything is put away. I'll add it to the Thursday list to keep it clean. It won't take much time to dust and mop. 
Health included tracking food, planning dinner, monitoring pain and drinking extra fluids. I also spent 20 minutes doing a puzzle. Though it was an ugly day, I felt pretty good about what I got done. 

Sewing

Yesterday I started working on the Anthology Bag (aka lunch bag). The pattern was copied and you can get it here.
As a reminder, the bag looks like this when done. 
To begin with, I laid out the fabric and started cutting it. I didn't think too far down the road but here is what I did. 

  1. Top two fabrics are cut according to the directions. 
  2. Third fabric is cut 6" x 15"
  3. Handles are cut 4" x 23"
  4. Lining is to be cut 16" x 15". I didn't do that so I will be adding a 3" strip to the top of mine. It will add something different to the look of the lining. 
  5. Interfacing is cut the same as the outer fabric. Do not interface the lining. 
 Yes, that will probably be the top of the lining. I'm kind of liking my mistake. 
Once everything was cut out, I used my press to put on the heavy interfacing. This is the first time ever that I could use it without tripping the breaker. 
I laid the pieces out on the cutting table ready to sew. 
I started at the top and pinned the two together, sewed them, and then did the bottom piece. Once done, I pressed the seam allowances up as the directions stated and top stitched about 1/8" from the seam allowances. 
I ended at this point. 

Knitting

I ended up finishing the messy bun hat except for weaving in the ends. 
I  have decided to use up the rest of the jean colored yarn and knit and crochet the dolls a hat and shawl. A fun project to do.

Today  

Health continues with eating properly, monitoring pain, and moving. House is cleaning the bathroom and front entrance. Sewing is working on the lunch bag. We go out for dinner and then to watch Momma Mia. The seniors at grandson's school is putting it on and we are going as a family. So looking forward to it. 
Until the next time...........................

1 comment:

  1. The bag looks great. Very practical every day. It's nice that you share your knowledge with us. I like such blogs! Thanks a lot! Each of your works is really commendable.

    ReplyDelete