Sunday, November 18, 2018

A Big Craft Bazaar

After snow on Friday and a nicer day on Saturday, we are having a sunny cool day today. 

We had almost 2" fall on Friday and most of it is gone this morning. 

Lifestyle

We were out and about on Friday morning doing what needed to be done. We drove in town so we could go slower as we weren't sure of the highway conditions. The roads were in better condition in the afternoon but we didn't go out. 
Yesterday, Daughter-in-law and I went to the big craft fair in Wolfville. It is a big show in a hockey arena. Everyone talks about it. There was a wide variety of vendors from professionals to the common small bazaar people. It took us 2 hours to see it all (2 big busloads came from the city while were there). What did we notice

  • The booze (as we called it) booths did a great business
  • Food booths came in a very close second
  • Booths that had nothing like anyone else had good crowds
  • Prices of $5 denominations sold the best -- no change needed to be exchanged
  • Square for debit/credit cards was available by a lot of vendors
What we didn't see
  • Reusable grocery bags which is becoming a big push in our province
  • Doll clothes
We had a great day and it has some thoughts going on in my head. 

Sewing

I fixed Grandson's tie and have thought about the next test pattern. I haven't had time during the day to sew. While the embroidery stitches out on the test pattern, I will hem Grandson's pants. This young man has grown almost an inch since August. 

Knitting

A scrubby dishcloth was finished. I have enough yarn to knit another one but not now. The yarn is hard on my hands (great for cleaning the dishes).

I have been asked to knit a messy bun hat for Daughter's friend. I looked for yarn that I do like (grey with multi colored flecks in it) and couldn't find it. While looking I found this yarn. 
The yarn has several things going for it. First it is soft. Very soft. Next it comes in jean colors. I chose the color that looks like new jeans. 
It has knit up lovely so far. I will be looking at this yarn again. 

Today

We are going to help put together desks for Son's office. The Spousal Unit is going to trim the bush in the front yard. It is jobs that need to be done and we are happy to help out. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment