Sunday, November 04, 2018

The Sewing Room Set Up Began

Yesterday was another wet day. Less rain than on Friday and a bit warmer. We had a high of 19C. Late afternoon, the wind came up and it was our first big windstorm of the season. They said areas would have gusts to 90 km/hour. We were probably nearer 60 km/hour. It went on all night and is still blowing this morning. The wind warning is gone, thank goodness. 

Lifestyle

We did not go out yesterday at all. It was a stay at home day to do a few things upstairs and then head down to the sewing room. 
Lily headed downstairs with me to meet Anna and Laura. They are sitting talking about life in the messy family room. 
It's okay, I'm going to be cleaning it up this week. 
While moving one of the desks, I grabbed a cloth and under it is the missing Christmas presents. I'm really happy to find them. 

Sewing Room

It was time to start cleaning the sewing room and setting it up in such a way I can keep it clean easily. Yes, I will have to focus on cleaning it up if I want it to look like it is on day one. I am planning on spending 15 minutes after each sewing session cleaning the space. It will become one of my cleaning tasks in this house. 
I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor. It was dirty from sanding dust. I had to scrape paint off the floor in some areas. The worst area was the closet as I didn't tape plastic on that small space. It took as long as it did to do one-third of the main floor. 
Reminder to self -- put plastic on all the floors and do not skip areas you think will be okay. 
After scrubbing the floors I put Bona on them to bring out the shine. So far they look good. 
After lunch, we grunted the two desks into the nook area. The old wooden desk has to be there are there is no other space in this house to put it. 
Too boring so I grabbed some stuff to put on the desks. 
The antique desk got these items that Daughter gave to me. I have to find the teacher letters and put them up there. I want to find a pretty fabric and make a topper for the items to sit on. This desk is for show only. Nothing goes in it. 
The white desk is a work space. The part with the drawers houses the jewelry making supplies. 
The lap top sits on the other part and can be put on the floor when I do jewelry making. I put the white hydrangea on the desk and since taking pictures, I have put a candle on it also.
A chair and a light and I'm set for this area. When I unpack the pictures I have two for this space. Also a peg board will go on the wall above the desk. 
I'm hoping the door knobs will go on the doors and the rod hung in the closet. I have a couple of ideas of how I will hang fabric in the closet that is designated for western shirts. 

Knitting

I knit 40 rows on the doll's scarf yesterday. I'm up to 120 rows of plain knitting. 64 rows left to go before I decrease to do the second end. 
Next up is a hat for the donate/sell tub. It's time to start knitting up my yarn in the fabric baskets. I will then start a scarf for myself. 

Today

I will scrub at least half of the floor that is left after we move the furniture into the clean part. Once that is done, I will set up some of the space and prep the remaining floor for scrubbing. 
If the shelving unit fits where I hope it fits, I may spend some time loading fabric back onto it. If not, I will start loading the closet. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment