Monday, November 19, 2018

Messy Bun Hat Project

Yesterday was cool and sunny. It was actually thawing outside in the afternoon. The temperature dipped to -7C last night but is warmer this morning. They are calling for snow around noon today.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we headed over to Son's to help put together his new work/table desks. Daughter-in-law and I did all the lifting and did the assembly with Son helping where he could. The Spousal Unit headed outside and trimmed a bush in the front lawn. 

Sewing

I am letting down the hems on Grandson's school pants. I got the first one let down, one row of basting done and the second half done prior to going out. 

Knitting

Last year I was upset over my tension. I was knitting tighter than I had ever in past. I spent hours doing swatches on the yarns I was knitting and figured out I needed to go one size up. I happened upon this chart in Pinterest and it has eased my mind. 
I mainly knit with carbon needles and they knit up tighter than other needles. I also notice that my knitting is always about the correct length when knitting. Now I know why. 
I worked on the Messy Bun Hat yesterday. 
My knitting book keeps me on track of the rows I have knit. If I use that yarn again, I have a record. I do refer back to projects prior to knitting an item. 
Though lighter than the yarn really is, there is a lot of light flecks in the yarn giving it nice depth. The pattern is showing up well also. 
At this point, I am about half done the hat. A couple more evenings will have it done. 

Today

I need to do some housework, get the test pattern started and finish hemming the pants. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment