Saturday, November 10, 2018

More Sewing Projects

Yesterday the weather was cool and sunny. It was a gorgeous fall day. This morning we have this weather statement

Rain, strong winds, and possible snowfall expected today and tonight.
Yikes!! It is raining at the moment and the wind has been blowing. 

Lifestyle

I went to the city with daughter-in-law to do some extra shopping. I got to go to the MicMac Mall and did some shopping at Old Navy and wandered through Hudson's Bay. It's the first time I have been in Hudson's Bay for over a year. 
We had lunch at Ikea. I got the salmon for lunch and was I shocked to see that it was 20 points. 
Salmon Fillet W/lemon Dill Sauce (590 cal/37g fat/16g saturated fat/1230mg sodium/30g carbs/7g fiber/5g sugar/30g protein) 20 points
In actual fact, the salmon is 0 points, sauce is 3 points, steamed vegetables are 0 points and the vegetable medallions 11 points for a total of 14 points. Still too much for a meal. I'll omit the vegetable medallions and have a salad the next time (if there is one). I also read that the medallions have potatoes, leeks, broccoli, egg, and cream in them. 
Last night I read The Gentle Art of Swedish Death CleaningIn Swedish, the word is "dostadning" and it refers to the act of slowly and steadily decluttering as the years go by, ideally beginning earlier rather than later and going until the day you kick the bucket. The ultimate purpose of death cleaning is to minimize the amount of stuff, especially meaningless clutter, that you leave behind for others to deal with.
I did enjoy reading the book and agreeing with the writer about purging your stuff but we have done most of it. Except for the sewing room which I am working on. I know we will purge more as we hope to have only the things we really want in our home when we die. The junk and other items will be gone and not have to be dealt with by family. 

Sewing

I was asked to make a lunch bag for a Christmas gift. The pattern will be this one. 
I headed downstairs to find the pattern and will add on to the bottom so it will be wider. I will have to look for a clasp and if I can't find one, I will do a button. Fabric will have to be purchased. I will upload the pattern as it is no longer available anywhere. I will do it when I start the pattern. 
I also have to make a reusable grocery bag for another lady. It will be in black, grey, and white. Fabric is chosen from the stash and I will have to start it as soon as I do a test pattern for the dolls. Sunday is sewing day. 

Today

The goal is to finish loading up the sewing room in preparation to start sewing tomorrow afternoon. I can hardly wait to get started. 
Until the next time..............................

1 comment:

  1. I really, really like this bag and have done so since your very first posting about it. The fabric patterns are perfect together, and the bag is just as nice as can be.

    ReplyDelete