Thursday, November 15, 2018

5 Meters of Piping

Yesterday was cold, cloudy and windy. The wind howled as it reached up to 90 km/hour. It was still blowing hard when we went to bed but it has since diminished to a light breeze. This morning is -6C with a windchill of -12C.


Lifestyle

We were out for a short period of time yesterday. It was cold. I did go to Weight Watchers and lost 1.4 lbs. Now to keep going on the journey. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room in the morning and in 2 hours I had 5 meters of piping made. Enough for 2 shirts. 
In the past, I made custom piping for the rodeo tops I made. It gave a special touch to the outfits. As a result, I have a piping foot which makes sewing close to the cord easier. I have done it with a zipper foot also. 
Left to Right -- cording foot, zipper foot, narrow zipper foot
The other item I purchased was the piping ruler. I use this red one as it hold the cord I buy perfectly. The other one I own is perfect for tiny piping (doll clothes come to mind). 
The cord fits in the groove and you cut the excess fabric away with a rotary cutter. You can cut a piece of cardboard the width you want, push it against the cording and mark a line to cut with the scissors like here. I got the rulers to make the job easier. With that job done I can move on to test a hat for a designer. I have left over fabric from the skirt I can use. 

Knitting

I cast on and set up the Christmas Cape. It is an enjoyable knit from the top down. The designer is European and I love how she uses 4 different size needles in this design. The back of the pattern has a little design element going up the center back. I have finished 29/60 rows so should have it done tonight. I will be making this cape again to go with a couple of outfits I have planned. 

Today

I am going to make a crock pot of potato and leek soup, vacuum the house, and sew on the next designer's pattern. This one I actually have to set up the embroidery part of my machine. It can stitch out while I cut the pattern pieces. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment