Friday, November 16, 2018

Christmas Cape Is Done

Yesterday was cool and sunny. The wind disappeared in the morning (thank goodness). Today is cool (-4C) and we are to get what they call "wintery mix". I suspect it will be rain, ice pellets and snow. We are under a snow warning. 

Lifestyle

The wind died down and I realized how it had affected me. I was tired, strained and down right grouchy. But it felt good not hearing the wind against the house. 
The morning was spent making a pot of potato-leek soup. I put in sausage to give it some protein. Very good dinner meal. 
I also vacuumed up Elliott's hair. I got out the built in hose and attachments and went at it. Furniture got moved and I gave the floors a good going over. I didn't do the stairs as I do them on my hands and knees. Today's job. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room long enough to pick up the beaded sweater I knit a while a go. No sewing was done, I was just not in a mood to see if I could ruin something. 

Knitting

I knit on the Christmas cape and finished it. The beaded sweater is being unravelled. I will save the beads and knit the sweater again in a darker color so the beads stand out. 
The cape is really very nice and a simple knit. Cute. I fell in love with the stand up collar. 
It has one stitch that is purled all the way up the center back. 
It looks quite stylish with the dress. 
Today
I have the steps to clean, a tie to repair, a hat to start making, and a bit of house work to do. I do feel better than yesterday. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment