Saturday, November 03, 2018

Painting Completed

Yesterday was a wet one. It rained from light to heavy showers all day long. The temperature rose all day long as the storm came from the tropics. We are to get the same today. They say thunderstorms but we wait and see on that. 

Lifestyle

With all the rain, we settled down to stay inside until we picked up grandson from school. It was a perfect day to be indoors. 
I got laundry going, made the bed, tidied up the kitchen and then hustled downstairs. 

Sewing Room

The room is finished. It wasn't a good day to paint but I wanted it done. There were a lot of shadows from the light which annoyed me. I worked around it to the best of my ability. The paint tray tipped onto the floor. Thank goodness the floor is covered with plastic. When I cleaned up, the bag I used as a tray liner had a hole in it and I paint dribbling out onto the floor, my shoe and sock. Was I happy to be done? Yes!!!!!
Next up is to scrub the floor and organize the furniture. Then I can reload my stuff into the room. I'm looking forward to having my sewing room back until we do the trim. 

Sewing

I finally looked at and dealt with the fabric that needed to be ironed. I turned on the TV and did the job. It is all folded neatly and ready to be put away. I also ironed two shirts for the Spousal Unit. It took an hour to do all the ironing but it is now done and out of my way. 
I have 7 meters of fabric cut out and it needs to be sewn. But, I have to do a test pattern first. I missed October so will need to do one asap. It is decision time. 

Knitting

The shawl pattern is moving along. I knit 30 rows on it last night. I have just over 100 rows left to go before I decrease for the other end. A few nights of knitting left. I'm focusing on it as I want to get the pattern written up to share with others. 

Today

After I get the laundry folded, I am going downstairs to scrub the sewing room floor. I will have to scrub and move furniture into their places as I go. I'm not sure I will get it all done today but I'd like to get half of it done. Even if that half is around the outside edges. The Spousal Unit can hang the clothes rod in the closet and put on the door handles. Elliott will help us out until he gets tired and goes to bed. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment