Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sewing Room Set Up Complete

Yesterday was a grey and gloomy day that brought forth a bit of rain; just over 1/4". In the evening, the sun tried to shine through the thick grey/black clouds that it had a topaz and pink glow to it. Very eerie looking. The wind came up and it has cooled off to 3C. Snow flurries are in the forecast for this week. 

Lifestyle

I had another bad night of sleeping on Friday night and I had a headache and dullness that was annoying. Last night I slept better but not the best. The waking up for a couple of hours is getting to be a set pattern that needs to be broken. 
Sewing Room
It would have been easy to not finish the sewing room yesterday morning but I got on with it. It is done to the rulers and embroidery hoops. They will be hung on peg boards when I get them. 
I stood in the doorway to the room and took pictures anti clockwise. 
The sewing machine area is placed so I can see the door, ironing board and cutting table. Behind it is the tower of drawers. To the right side is the press, which I use for heavy interfacings. 
Across from the doorway is the cutting table. Behind it is the stash and a small table that has ironing supplies on it. I need to move it towards the ironing board. 
The closet is at the other end from the sewing machines. I need to do some adjusting on the doors as they do not shut tight. A minor job I can do today. 
Standing in front of the sewing machine and looking into the corner is the desk where I will do jewelry for the dolls. I need a light for that table as it is the dark (but brighter) corner of the room. 
The sitting area (which the Gotz Girls) reside in at the moment. I love having the comfy chair next to the book shelf. A small TV has been put on the top of the book shelf. 
The cube which holds all the yarn. Only one tub is empty and it will hold completed projects that I need to sell or donate. 

Sewing

I headed up to the fabric store to look for fabric for the Christmas gift. I found it after two tries of putting together black and white. 
I bought the following fabrics for doll dresses. In this store, you buy what you see if you like it. Fabric goes quickly up there. 
Lily gets to model a summer dress and Halloween project down the road. 
She has to get a new outfit soon. 

Today

It is a stay at home kind of day. I will be doing a bit of laundry, tidying up the house for an hour or two and then heading down to sew in the sewing room. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment