Thursday, October 10, 2024

Working On The Colonial Outfit

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 15C. This morning it is clear and 6C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

I painted the spare bedroom yesterday morning. I was careful not to over do it. The walls I had worked on are now done. 

I was about 2 hours from start to finish. I did put the switch covers on later in the afternoon.


I will be buying white paint to do the doors and trim in the room before I put it back together. I decided that while painting. It will be a big job taking the room apart as it is small. Do it once I told myself. 

I rested my hip when done as I could feel it. Nothing flared up so all was good. The pain left in about an hour which was nice. 

My other jobs of the day was to do 2 loads of laundry and take the garbage to the end of the driveway. 

I did get tired late in the afternoon which means I am beating the cold. I took extra Vitamin C and NeoCitron to help. I did sleep much better and I don't feel like I have a cold this morning. Let's hope it is gone. 

Sewing

I started on the top of the doll's outfit. I had to handle the fabric gently as it frays something frightful. The front has the lace applied to it so I can lace it shut or use it for decoration. I added the little panel for snaps. That is folded behind so the lace shows. 

The back is done and I did press the pleats in. I may have to press them out again. They are hard to see even in real life as the fabric is quite dark. 

I also sewed the lining together and turned the sleeve openings under 1/4" and hand basted them in place. 


The dark colour is hard to work with and photograph. At this point I stopped sewing. I had done enough work on it for the day. 

I did haul out two tubs of doll fabric and when through them. I found 3 fat quarters to make into piping for daughter. 

I found some fabric that I may make into a doll's quilt. What I realized is how much emotional attachment I have to the doll's fabric. I did get all the fabric into one tub and the empty one will be for doll's quilts. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks and have 10 rows plus the toe to do and this pair will be finished. 

I can't believe how fast they have knit up even if I have had to unknit parts twice. 

I am going to have to dig out some old needles and put the Grinch socks on them so I can start another pair. Purple ones this time. 

Thoughts

    I watched a few videos last night on Hurricane Milton. The number of tornadoes coming in prior to Milton was scary. My thoughts went out to everyone who was affected by Milton. 

    I need to have a stern talk with myself over the doll's fabric. The emotional attachment I felt to that fabric was not healthy and is hindering me to sew it up. I petted it and put it away. I need to pet it, plan a project for it, and sew it up. The amount needs to become less each year. Even less each month. 

    I am still staying home though I need to go out today. I am hoping that I am almost done with this cold. I need to test for Covid starting today though I don't think I will get it. My friend hasn't let me know if she has gotten it and if she remain negative so will I. 

Today

I have to go vote (municipal) which will give me a short but nice drive.  I have a few things to do in the house (laundry catch up). This afternoon I want to sew on the doll's outfit and will knit tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

    

No comments:

Post a Comment