Friday, October 11, 2024

Ready For The Lining

 Yesterday was sunny, then cloudy, and then rainy and at midnight clear. The high got to 13C. This morning it is mostly cloudy and 9C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

I was out to vote yesterday morning only to find out they don't open until noon. So home I went to do a few things. I folded laundry and put it away. 

I groomed Elliott as he was begging me to do it. He loves to be groomed. I enjoy it but I always get an allergic reaction to his dander. I did it yesterday and then used another tool to take the hair off one couch. I have it almost done. 

I was back out after lunch to vote. Turn out is slow as it is the first day and people can now vote on line. I had a lovely talk with the ladies who run the polling station and then came home. 

I am reading a book by Elizabeth Bunce. It is book 2 of the Myrtle series and is for 5-9 year olds but a group of doll lovers read her books and really enjoy them. I have found it hard to buy them here in Canada and was delighted to be able to borrow them online through the Halifax library. 

Sewing

I sewed both before lunch and in the afternoon. By the time I was done, I was stressed to the hilt. The morning session started off great. I sewed up the side seams on the lining and then worked on the sleeves. I got one sleeve pinned in ready to baste in place by lunch time. 

All was great and I was handling the fabric with a light hand. After lunch, I basted and sewed in the first sleeve and repeated with the second sleeve. All was still good. It went downhill from there. No matter what I did, I could not figure out the cuff. I read, I looked, and I missed a piece of information. The fabric started to fray as I was handling it a bit too much. 

I walked out of the sewing room and returned a bit later, read the instructions carefully and realized I had missed an important sentence. I fixed my mistake carefully and got the cuffs done. I sewed up the side seams and then turned under the cuffs and basted them in place. 

I pinned the front closed like it should be when done. 

I am realizing that using a homespun fabric is not the fabric to use when making this outfit for the first time. I got this far with only one major issue and am ready to insert the lining. 

I took a piece of fabric out of the doll's bin to make a simple skirt for the next round of sewing. There is about .75 meter so I will be cutting the skirt out carefully so I can make something else from the rest. The fabric is a light denim blue with white dots. I want to knit a sweater to go with it. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was tired for part of the evening.

Thoughts

    It was cool yesterday and I really felt it for the first time. I put on the heat this morning to warm up the house as it was quite cool in here. Fall is here for sure. 

    I didn't test for Covid yesterday as my friend texted to say she was negative. I do it this morning. I do not want to get it so am taking every precaution to avoid it. My cold is lingering though it isn't getting worse. Just a runny nose (which could be allergies). 

    People have been posting beautiful pictures of the Northern Lights here in Nova Scotia. I looked last night and saw them but they were faint to the point of nonexistent. I think the show was over for the night. 

Today

I am hoping to paint the last wall in the spare bedroom this morning. This afternoon I will sew and I hope to knit tonight. In between I should do a bit of housework and laundry. Family will be over some time today to get the car and leave me their truck. They are going to New Brunswick and will be home tomorrow evening. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment