Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Pillow and Pillowcase Done

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of 17C. This morning it cloudy and 12C. Today is suppose to be showers with a high of 16C.

Lifestyle

The technician arrived at 9:30 am to look at the fridge. He was thorough. He took the back off the freezer and it was froze up. The drain was filled with water and froze solid. Once he got it thawed out and the water sopped up, he took the drain hose out and cleaned it. It was plugged with debris which is common. He put the everything back together and then did a check on the fridge. Cold air was coming up into it. He told me everything he did and what may need to be replaced if it does this again. Cost was less than the previous technician who looked and did nothing. 

Once the fridge was going, I cleaned it from top to bottom. It is spotless now and has a loaf of bread in it. I am monitoring it for 24 hours before I put food in. By the time the job was done, it was almost noon. Right now, my fingers are crossed it is fixed and I won't have to buy another fridge. 

I had a nap in the afternoon. My energy level dipped to zero. I woke up with the TV still on and am wondering how long I slept. I had slept well the night before and wondered if it wasn't the stress of the fridge gone and I crashed. 

I was out to my friend's last night. She is leaving in 2 weeks for Ontario to visit her family. She needs to plant her garlic so I sent her the picture I refer to when planting mine. We had a great visit. 

Sewing

I managed to sew the pillow and pillow case yesterday. It was an easy sew. 

I now need to play with the doll's stash and see if I can empty one of the tubs so I can put the quilts and pillows into it. A job I can do one day I don't want to sew. 

Knitting

None done last night as I was at my friend's. 

Thoughts

    I am still working on how to organize the house and eliminate items I don't need. I don't have a lot of excess big items in my house but I do have excess small items that I keep organizing. I know I have too many of those items. I also look at that excess and don't want family to have to deal with it when I can't. I am being brutally honest when deal with the excess stuff. 

    The colours are certainly going to be vibrant this fall. I am looking forward to driving somewhere just to look at the trees. The colours are so wonderful as we have had not big storms to whip the leaves off the trees. It will soon be gone and I am going to enjoy it while I can. 

    I am excited that I start the last project I cut out for the beginning of October. I am starting to think what I will cut out for the rest of October. I know piping, a basket, and some items for daughter. That should be 3+ meters cut out ready to sew. All will come from the stash which is equally as exciting as getting the last project completed. 

Today

I am going to put the second coat of paint on the walls in the spare bedroom. I have to go shopping for a few things. This afternoon I will start the doll's outfit and I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment