Sunday, October 13, 2024

Colonial Williamsburg Outfit Completed

 Yesterday started out sunny and windy and ended up rainy and windy. The high got to 16C. This morning it is clear and 7C. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 13C. Rain is to begin tonight. 

Lifestyle

I started the day off painting in the spare bedroom. I was able to get it done in about 2.5 hours which included cleaning up. I was sorer so was a bit slower doing things. But, the room is painted and ready for me to scrub clean. 

I did a lot more sitting yesterday with lots of heat on my SI joint. It cracked last night and I felt much better. It was slightly out of position from 2 days standing on the ladder and sitting on the floor. 

The wind has blown for 2 days now and is still blowing. The result of emptying your pool was evident in the neighbour's yard the day before the wind started blowing.

We had wind gusts up to 50 km/h and it started to bother both Elliott and I. Though the wind warning is gone, we are to have more wind with less velocity today. It is bringing in the rain from the Great Lakes. 

I am pretty much over the cold. I haven't had a sore throat for 24 hours and my breathing at night has improved. I am less tired than I was meaning I don't want to nap in the afternoons. I can start going out again.

Sewing

I gathered my hand sewing tools and the outfit and sat in the family room to hand sew for the afternoon. I sewed on snaps first and then did all the hand sewing. By late afternoon the Colonial Williamsburg outfit was done. I got up and gave it a good press.

The jacket fits perfectly and I love the pleats in it. 

I am thinking about making the fichu to go around the neck but am not certain. If I do make it, it will be out of the green check. I am thinking about it at the moment. 

I have the fabrics on the cutting table to start cutting out the next 4-5 projects. I am ready to begin them. 

Knitting

I finished the work socks by weaving in all the ends. They are now folded ready to be wrapped and sent. 

I started to knit socks from the bamboo/silk blend and am having issues getting gauge. I am not sure what I am doing wrong so am setting the yarn aside and knitting a pair of wool socks first. I know what I want to do when I get a pair of socks knit for daughter-in-law. I need them so I have measurements for socks knit on larger needles. Yes, another pair of work socks but this pair will be in the bamboo and silk. 

Thoughts

    The cold I had didn't develop into a full blown cold but it sure lingered on as a minor pain in the butt. I isolated as I was contagious until yesterday. I am still monitoring myself until Tuesday as I don't want to give it to friends. 

    The wind really has blown a lot the past 2 days. It continues to come from the WSW and I wondered if it was from Hurricane Milton. We can feel the outer edge of hurricanes as they move into the Atlantic Ocean. The rain we had yesterday was not from Milton. The main part of the storm was in New Brunswick. 

    I am deciding which room to paint next. I will get paint to do the trim in the spare bedroom and then make my decision. All the areas left to paint are big surfaces or above kitchen cupboards. What ever I choose to paint will take hours to do each day. I think I need to have a few rest days before I tackle what ever space I decide to paint. 

Today

I have to make a batch of buns for dinner tonight. I also want to start cleaning up the house as it hasn't been touched for a few days. I may cut out projects this afternoon. I am out to family's for dinner tonight. If I get the yarn wound, I may start the purple socks tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment