Monday, October 07, 2024

Doll's Quilt Is Completed

 Yesterday was a mix of clouds and sun with a high of 18C. This morning it is very foggy and 8C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun, clouds, and showers with a high of 16C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I painted in the spare bedroom. I did do what I had wanted to do - cutting in and rolling paint on the walls with doors. 

It took me almost 2 hours to get it done and cleaned up. 

It looks splotchy as the paint is wet. It looked much better when dry. The room is looking brighter now that the walls are light in colour.  

I made a pot of chowder yesterday. I used a spice mix that I had bought for the base. The company is local so I decided to  support it. 

It didn't take long to make and was delicious. I will be making it again later this month. 

It makes enough for two lunches. Next time I will cut the potatoes smaller. I added some salt and pepper and enjoyed it. 

My SI joint was sore yesterday and I got it stretched out last night. It rebels with how I stand on the ladder. It isn't my hip as I located where it hurts the most and its above the hip in the SI joint area. I will have to stretch daily after painting. 

Sewing

I got the binding sewn onto the doll's quilt and hand stitched down. It was nice to do some quiet sewing in the family room. 

I now have to make the pillow and pillow case and this will be ready to put away. Two made and 11 to go. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks last night and found I had made a mistake way back when I started the gusset. I had done one row twice. I unknit 7 rows, fixed the mistake, and then knit a couple of rows. 

I keep saying I will get this sock done no matter what. I am not sure what happened as I do check every row to make sure I am doing it correctly.  

Thoughts

    As I get closer to finishing the spare bedroom, I think about what I need for it. I will get white sheets for my bed and put mine on the spare bed. I need to get a duvet cover and put one of the feather duvets on the bed. I will need to look for a blanket to put on the foot of the bed for a bit of colour. I am going to stream line what goes back into the room so it will be easier to clean. 

    I have my mother-in-law's antique dresser in that room. I have decided that I will use it for storage. I have the winter placemats, bowl cozies, and mug rugs in the bottom drawer. The middle drawer can hold other placemats I will make so I can change out the dining room and kitchen a few times a year. The top drawer will hold items that I need occasionally. I have promised myself that I will not stuff this dresser full. I am thinking each drawer will only be half full so I can see the items easily. 

    I am really thinking about Christmas presents. I looked back to see what I had made daughter using the plank fabric I had bought. She had 4 placemats and 4 pot holders. I am going to make her two bigger square hot pads and one smaller rectangular one to add to her set. I have 4 plate chargers in a wood look and will give her my western dishes so she has something western for when she has people over. 

Today

 I have the appliance technician coming just after 9 am and I will know if I can get the fridge repaired or replaced. Once he is done, I will wash the last wall in the spare bedroom and patch any holes I can see. I want to make the pillow and pillow case for the quilt this afternoon and will knit tonight. It is a sort of rest day for me. 

Until the next time.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment