Friday, October 04, 2024

Swedish Outfit Completed

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 19C. This morning it is mostly cloudy and 9C. Today is suppose to be mainly sunny with a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

I did the balance sheet before going for a hair cut. It was painful as it wouldn't balance. After a lot of looking I found I had deleted an amount when trying to do the balance. Once I found the mistake, I reentered all the numbers and it balanced. It was relief to have it done and balanced before I had to leave. 

Once home from getting my hair done, I started to sweep and mop floors. They are dirty (which I knew) and I spent a lot of time scrubbing them clean. I got half the floors done before lunch. 

My friend came over mid afternoon with a new flavour of sparkly water for us to try. Peach and clementine orange. Very nice and I will have to get some. We had a great visit before she walked over to the fish van for scallops. 

Sewing

I sewed the last 2 sets of snaps on the doll's dress and then found the buttons I was looking for. I had 3 of them which was a bonus. I sewed them on the sweater. This outfit is officially finished. 

I decided to start on the doll's quilt and finished the top by 4:30 pm. It has turned out to be cute. 

I love how easy this little quilt is to put together. I will be doing diagonal quilting on it in the teal colour using a thread colour called pistachio. The backing and binding will be a solid colour which is waiting for me to cut. I'd like to finish this quilt by Sunday afternoon. 

Knitting

I knit 15 rounds on the 2nd work sock. It is certainly growing in  length. 

I may have these done in the next two weeks at the rate I am going. 

Thoughts

    I found that my hip has been sore from the last flare up. I am hoping it is just the SI joint settling down and not the hip joint. I keep going by doing things and resting with heat on it. I am trying not to take Tylenol unless I absolutely have to. I am also doing more stretching exercises in bed. At least twice a night. 

    I found a new YouTube video that I am watching slowly. It is called Nordic Calm. The first video I found was about living minimal. What I like was the comment that minimal looks different for every person. The family lives in a small city apartment in Finland and they are working at having only what they love in their house. In another video she talked about some of the statements I use -- one in, one out when buying items for the house; a place for everything and everything has a place. The quote I like from Francine Joy's book was "I wasn't organizing my life, I was organizing my clutter". I need to start practicing that one more as I work my way through the house once again. I will be using some of these ideas as I work through the house. 

    My friend and I had a wonderful and positive discussion about our fabric stashes. Mine is smaller than hers as I don't do the type of work she does. We both talked about garment fabric and we are both thinking about what we can eliminate from that part of our stash. Then we talked about our quilting stash. We differ here as she needs fabrics for her wall hangings. She is going through the stash eliminating pieces she doesn't want. They will go to the quilting group that I donate to. I am trying to sew through mine but know I will continue to purge and donate to the quilting group. It was a great discussion that left us both motivated to downsize the fabrics we have. 

Today

I have to clean the dining and living room and wash those floors. A big job that I need to do. I want to sandwich the doll's quilt and start quilting it. Tonight I will knit on the socks. Another busy day at this house. 

Until the next time.............................................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment