Monday, May 06, 2024

Ready To Make Cartridge Pleats

 Yesterday had its fair share of sunshine and a high of 15.9C. This morning it is damp and 6C. Today is to be cloudy and damp with a high of 12C. 

Lifestyle

I had a busy but fun day yesterday. My first job was to get chicken into the slow cooker to make shredded chicken for the freezer. The house smelled so good all day that I was excited to have some for dinner. Delicious to say the least. 

I was out the door to New Minas mid morning and went to Home Depot. I ordered what I needed for under the deck. I ended up having 3 people working on the order and then 2. It was lots of fun with us bantering at each other. My order will be delivered May 9. I will get my neighbour's 2 boys to put it on the shed ramp after school. 

Once done at Home Depot, I went to the Rolling Yarn Shop. I love going to look at all the yarn in that work trailer. I did buy yarn but more on that later. 

In the afternoon, I was out to see family's cat. As I was getting into the car, two boys playing with an airplane had it going in a straight line for quite a distance. I stood and watched as it went right into the power pole in my yard. The only damage was the landing gear was bent. They fixed it and went off to fly the plane to see how far it would go down the street. 

I had a nice visit with family's cat. He was ready for his treats and a cuddle. He is such a lovely cat; sweet and gentle. Pretty much the exact opposite to Elliott. 

I walked over to see my friend after I got home. She was digging out weeds in a flower bed. The soil was very dry which surprised me. The rain will help but we need more moisture. We had tea and talked about her new book and the quilt she is working on. 

Sewing

I worked on the skirt and got the edges rolled, pinned, basted and pressed. I hand sewed the opening on the skirt and the turned down piece on the panel. Next up was marking the cartridge pleats and doing the running stitch. 

The afternoon was almost gone when I got that job done. 

I did spend some time working on the original sloper by tracing it and adding seam allowances where necessary. 

I cut it out and drew the darts onto the fabric. It is ready to sew together as a base muslin to compare how other muslins fit and look. 

One thing I noticed is that the bodice block sides are not the same length. I will have to true the patterns if I decide to use them. They are fine for now. 

My dream is to make a bodice pattern for the Gotz dolls. I am researching that and have found one method that might work. 

Knitting

I did buy yarn yesterday. This one is for socks for daughter-in-law. They will be knit next. 

In June, I will buy the yarn for socks for daughter. I have to knit these yarns up right away so I can purchase the next skein. 

I worked on my socks last night. I got the 2nd leg done and need to weigh the remaining balls. I want to know if I can knit 10 more rounds on the leg.


The yarn for the heels and toes are in the next picture. 

When I go to the Rolling Yarn Shop in June, I will take the Christmas sock yarn with me to see if I can find red yarn for the cuffs, heels and toes as I want to make them for grandson for Christmas. 

Thoughts

    I had another day that was low pain. I am having some cracking as joints move into place which is helping keep the pain level low. I am thinking I can do some outside work tomorrow as long as I don't over do it. 

    I watched my favourite show on Prime yesterday. It is Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat Farm. I had some great laughs as Clarkson does his crazy antics. I will watch an episode on Sundays for my weekly laugh. 

    I thought the ice maker on my fridge had burnt out. When we emptied it on Thursday, it wouldn't make ice for me. I was going to get a repair man in but decided to play with it a bit before hand. I washed the ice bin with hot water, dried it, and put it back in. The heat from the warm bin thawed the ice maker out and it is now working perfectly. I will start bagging ice for family and put it into the freezer. I really don't want it to freeze up again as I like ice in my water year round and especially in the summer. 

Today

I am home all day so will be doing lots of cleaning and laundry this morning. This afternoon I will work on the doll's dress and the basic muslin. If I have time, I may try to do 30 minutes in the garage and get a couple of tubs filled with items for the garage sale. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment