Friday, May 10, 2024

Struggling With Snap Placement

 Yesterday was grey and damp. About 1/2" rain fell and the high got to 7.6C. This morning it is cloudy and 3C. Today is to be a mix of sun, clouds, and showers with a high of 10C. 

Lifestyle

I was getting ready to do yoga when I got a call that the bags of soil were to be delivered. I had to move the car so the pallet could be put into the garage. The job was done without any issues and the car put back into the driveway. 

I cleaned the dining room area. Everything was put away and the table looks so much better. I dehaired the chair Elliott sleeps on, swept the floor, and gave it and the hall a good mopping. While I was doing that, I did 2 smaller loads of laundry. 

Mid afternoon I heard a noise at the front door and UPS had delivered the edging for under the deck. I hauled it into the garage. The boxes are heavy and awkward. I did struggle with getting the 3 boxes into the garage. The job was done and I hurt only a little bit. Doing under the deck can commence as we have everything now. 

I had bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco and I cut all the meat off it and boiled the carcass for more chicken broth. I did use some when I made dinner. I get enough meat for 4-5 meals which is great. 

Sewing

I spent most of the afternoon hand sewing the outer bodice to the outer skirt. What a lot of work. Once done, I played with the front panel. I redid the snaps. 

The panel is up too high which means the snap placement on the pattern is wrong. I now have to move the snaps down an inch. I really don't know why the snap placement was picked up on by the pattern testers. 

The outfit looks quite nice. It fits the doll well. The lining showing on the sleeves is a nice touch. The original pattern shows fur. 

The back of the skirt has a train which I do like. 

The cartridge pleats are nice and give the skirt a great fullness. They are very labour intensive though. 

I will be happy to see this outfit finished. I will probably never make it again and if I do, I will do the regular pleats and not the cartridge pleats. Things like doing the eyelets when the pieces are small, and the usual hand basting would be done. At this time, I want to finish it and move on to something easy. 

Knitting

I spent the evening knitting and got the gusset done on the first sock. 

I have the 2nd sock set up and ready to start. I will be playing yarn chicken with these socks and the toes may be in black yarn. We wait and see. 

Today

I am going to do yoga, run out to get my prescriptions filled, and start cleaning the living room area. This afternoon, I will work on the dolls dress and tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment