Thursday, May 02, 2024

Knitting Socks Again

 Yesterday started off cloudy and became more sunny as the day progressed. The high got to 10.5C. This morning it is fairly clear and 0C. Today is to be a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

I was ready to go shopping with daughter-in-law at 8:30 am. We drove to downtown Halifax to a new Asian store. I knew most of the drive until we got past the hospital. I did admire the old houses and the garden we drove past. 

The Asian store is brand new and big. We walked up and down every aisle looking at what they had for sale. It was mind boggling. The shelves were well stocked and the place was clean. The staff were friendly. I bought a few items for Christmas and birthday presents. We enjoyed our hour plus time in the store. 

We left and crossed the bridge to Dartmouth. We went to the sporting good store to pick up the griddle family had ordered. Then on to have lunch. After lunch we went to the craft store and then to Walmart. We were finished at 2:30 pm and home by 3 pm. It was a wonderful day and I was tired from it all. Happy also. 

After I had a short rest, I put out the recycling. That was 2 trips down the driveway as I had extra to go. Those items have been languishing in the garage all winter. 

Sewing

None done yesterday though I bought more crystals and eyelets for the outfit. 

Knitting

I cast on and knit the 15 rows for the cuff on sock #2. Then I knit over 10 rounds on the leg of sock 1. Progress is being made. 

This yarn is from Uruguay and is lovely to knit. The only thing is the black sections makes my finger black due to the over dye. Typical for dark colours. 

The mobile yarn store will be in New Minas on Sunday and I am planning on visiting it to get another skein of sock yarn. I am looking for something very specific - quite plain or very short colour changes. I would love to knit a pattern I knit a year ago that has a pattern to it. 

Thoughts

    My hip is feeling much better so I hope to get outside to do a bit of weeding. I will start slow by doing under the tree. I also need to finish removing the edging from the hedge but will have to do it slowly. I am not inviting another flare up by doing too much. 

    I have decided not to help at the community hall unless they really need me. I found that I am the new person which is probably why they dropped me from helping prior to the pandemic. I will find something else to do. I am still thinking about Project Linus. I may go up this month and give it a try. I am still trying to figure out what to do outside of the house once a month. I will be busy with yard work soon so may not need to help with anything until fall. 

Today

I was going to go to New Minas but will wait until Sunday. I want to do some outside work this morning, sew this afternoon, and knit tonight. A busy day at home. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment