Saturday, May 04, 2024

Outer Bodice Is Finished

 Yesterday was cold and windy. The high got to 7.6C. This morning it is cloudy and 6C. We could have some drizzle this morning and clearing this afternoon with a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

Before I could even think about the morning jobs, I was dressed and out to New Minas with my friend. She needed to get some pictures from the office supply store and a marker from the craft store. We really enjoyed our outing and walked around quite a bit. We also went to the quilt shop nearest to where we live. 

I was out the door to family's just after 4 pm. I had to check on the cat and the back yard. The cat was fine. He was waiting for his food dish to dispense his food. He got his rubs and we visited briefly. The back yard is really different to what it was. The retaining wall has been removed. The back door stairs are gone and it looks like a war zone. A small excavator sits at the back end where the pool deck was. As soon as the cement from the retaining wall is gone the landscapers can start building the new retaining wall. 

I had very little pain yesterday. I walked around a lot but didn't do any jobs outside. It was too cold for that (north-west wind). But, I enjoyed having no pain in my lower back. I am hoping it will be the same today. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon working on the bodice of the outer dress and I can say it is completed. The lining was pinned in, the instructions read, the lining sewn in. I clipped the curves, turned it right side out, rolled the edges, hand basted it down, pressed and did the other side. Once all those steps were done, I sat in the family room and did the hand sewing. 

When done, there wasn't a raw seam to been seen. I did a lot of tiny stitches but it was worth it. 

I removed the hemd (chemise) from the doll as the sleeves were being pushed up when I put the outer bodice on. I pinned everything in place as I haven't done the eyelets yet. 

I am pleased with how it looks. 

Now I can start on the skirt. Only 4 pieces to make it and a lot of pleats to make. Before I attach it to the bodice I will add the eyelets to both the outer bodice and kirtle. 

I spent a bit of time making a card for the memory journal. The idea is based of one a crafter made using scraps. I forgot to take a picture of it as I had to leave for family's. 

The visit to the quilt shop near us was fun. The fabrics look dull as the lighting is poor. I did look and will go back to get a piece for a cushion cover. I bought a spool of lilac thread for the dress, sewing machine needles, and some dye catchers. I didn't see anything else I wanted or needed. My friend got some fabric for her next wall hanging. 

Knitting

I now have 60 rounds knit on the leg of sock #1. I had to unknit as I lost a stitch in the black part and didn't see it until I had knit 3 rounds. All is well with it. 

It is interesting how the black pooled on one side even though I am knitting in the round. 

That will disappear when I knit the heel flap as I will be breaking up the flow of the yarn colours that happen when knitting in the round. 

Today

I need to do yoga, get groceries and visit family's cat. I also need to do some laundry. I want to work on the outer skirt of the dress. Tonight I will knit. Not an exciting day for me but a day to continue resting my sore spots. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment