Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Two More Blocks Sewn

 Yesterday started out cloudy and then was sunny and calm. The high got to 23C (humidex 24C). This morning it is foggy and 11C. Today is mainly sunny with a high of 22C. 

Lifestyle

I paid bills on line and then went to pay the property taxes. There were 4 people ahead of me and about 5 behind me. The computer system wasn't working which made it slow going as we had to get hand written receipts. My next stop was the bank to get money for the person who mows my lawns. Hopefully he will be here today or tomorrow as we are under a rain warning starting tomorrow night for 2 days. 

Once home, I started cleaning. I moved the server and then washed the items on it. The picture was removed from the wall and cleaned. I then washed the wall, baseboard, floor, the crocks and wooden cat. When dry I put everything back into its place. 

I then moved into the hall and washed the wall which has the closet for the washer and dryer. I also washed the doors inside and out. Next up was cleaning the washer and dryer which weren't too dirty. I did throw out one item -- a box that had some borax in it which was rock solid. I stopped as it was enough for one morning. 

As I rested, I folded laundry and then put it away. I also emptied the dishwasher and loaded it while I made lunch. I had done my to-do list for the morning even if I did have to push myself. 

Sewing

I did 2 more blocks yesterday. Block 3 went together well. Block 4 was more difficult. I cut out pieces and had to recut them. I cut out the wrong colour and had to recut them in the right colour. I had a panic attack when one piece looked wrong but when I thought about it, it was correct. I got the block together. The center part is half done. 

I have decided to redo the blue part of block 1 as the lines are annoying me. 

The parcel with the apron and placemats arrived in Saskatchewan. The people opened it as they couldn't wait until the auction. They loved it and the husband has a $100.00 bid on the placemats already. Doing items for hunting dog people is a real niche market. I'm happy to supply something for them once a year for an auction. They are hungry to see what I will make next. 

Knitting

I did a bit of casting off on the afghan and then stopped. It looks like the sides are pulling inwards and I am not happy with that. I have two options -- unravel the whole afghan and start again or unravel the side border and either do a row of single crochet down each side. I am thinking on it at the moment. 

Thoughts

    I have been wondering why my right leg has been so sore. It is muscle soreness which means there is rebelling going on. It may be that I am walking and standing more evenly on both feet. The muscles don't like it and want me to go back to the old way of standing and walking. This happened a few times before and I know I have to train them to accept the new way. 

    I checked the lawn yesterday to see how the weed control was doing. I may have a few weeds to dig out and will try to do that tomorrow morning so the job is done. The over seeding is to be done this month so I need to be ready. 

    Our weather has a more fall feeling to it. The mornings are quite crisp and the afternoon warm. I really enjoy this season though I do know we can have hotter weather, humidity, rain, hurricanes, and what ever Mother Nature decides to fling at us. It is still my favourite season as I can open the windows, be outside without overheating, and sleep in a cool room. 

Today

I am going to go shopping this morning and do a couple of other things for daughter-in-law. I want to sew on the table runner this afternoon and make a decision on the afghan tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment