Yesterday was sunny and warm. The high got to 20C. This morning it is mainly clear and 8C. Today is supposed to be sunny and 22C.
Lifestyle
I decided it was time to clean the deck. I started out emptying the pots of tomatoes and found that the wasps were enjoying the fruits. They were quite upset that I was taking away their food source so we had a talk with the spray can. They left and I finished the job. I also emptied the two containers of cucumber plants. I picked 6 cucumbers from those plants. One container's dirt was emptied into the compost bag as it was a mass of roots. The 5 containers were then put into the shed for the winter.
I went around to the garage and got my wagon and loaded the big bag of compost into it. I struggled it down the deck stairs as it was quite heavy. I then emptied the 3 flower pots of their flowers and put away all the solar lights. I also put away my little bbq as I won't be using it. I hauled the wagon back to the garage. I was done, tired, and a bit sore. I still have to sweep the deck, clean the table and put it on its side against the house for winter.
Just as I was finishing up, the fellow arrived to seed the lawn. He wrangled the big machine around the yard and down into the ditch. The machine slits the ground and puts seed into the slits. He also threw some seed on the worst part of the lawn so it will come in thicker. I sat and watched him for a few minutes and then rested on the couch. It took me some time to recover from the cleaning I did.
Though I was stiff and sore, by the time I went to bed, I was fine. No tight SI joint or sore muscles rebelling from having to work. I am happy about that as I have to weed, once again, behind the shed. It is a mess around the rose bush.
Sewing
I worked on the table runner yesterday. All the yellow and off-white squares are cut out for the half triangles. I cut out all the remaining pieces for one leaf block. I sewed, trimmed, squared and got the first yellow leaf block done. I carefully picked back part of the seam holding the green and red leaves together and attached the yellow leaf.
Next up, I cut the strips for the border along one side. I carefully sewed the border strip onto the leaves and attached it to the main part of the table runner.
It looks wonky as two leaves are not sewn together properly. I did sew them together to start with so I knew what they would look like and so the seams nested when sewn together. I also need to check the right top green leaf as I have a half triangle sewn in wrong. It is an easy fix. The next leaf will go onto the other end so I can finish it. We are getting there slowly but surely.
Knitting
None done last night.
Thoughts
I just started sewing pillow cases for the quilter's guild. They supply the fabric and we do the sewing. It is for a good cause and it involves children. The other sewing I do is for one or two field dog clubs. The club the apron went to is the first time I have sewn for and donated to them. The other club I have sewn and donated to twice. I won't be doing anything for them this year as daughter won't be attending it.
I am trying to figure out if we had a shower go through last night. Everything is soaking wet and we don't get dew that heavy. The sky is pink this morning as we have rain coming tomorrow night. Perfect for the newly seeded lawn.
Daughter-in-law was over last night and brought my order of C-light drink that she ordered from Argentina. I also got 3 packages of cookies. We had a good visit and a couple of good laughs.
Today
I want to sweep the deck and put away the table after the deck dries off. I need to fold laundry and do more laundry. I want to sew on the table runner today. I am out at the community hall tonight to help with at music night (called jam sessions). It is just selling water, pop, and snack food. It will be an easy day today for me.
Until the next time.................................................................


No comments:
Post a Comment