Yesterday started out sunny and then was cloudy in the late afternoon with rain last night. The high got to 22C (humidex 25C). This morning it is cloudy and 18C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 23C (humidex 28C).
Lifestyle
When I went to do the balance sheet, I discovered I was locked out of my bank account. I tried twice and it was locked. I then spent some time cleaning the kitchen to see if it was a glitch in the system. Kitchen was nice and clean and I was still locked out of my account using the web but not on the app.
I placed the call to find out what was wrong and the lovely lady asked me to try another web browser. I had to go into the vault to get my password and when I clicked on it, the web page opened and all was good. The lady was just as surprised as I was. We chatted for a few minutes as it was slow at the call center.
I did the balance sheet with one stupid mistake on my part. Found it, fixed it, and finished the balance sheet with no other issues. I then spent some time printing out the osteopathy receipts to make sure they are all in the medical fine for when I file my taxes. It was 11:30 am and all the paperwork was in its right spot. At that point, I put the laundry into the dryer and called it a morning.
I did not get the plants pulled out yesterday as it got too warm and humid. There was a storm coming in and it was definitely tropical. I did water the plants as I have cucumbers and jalapeño peppers to pick. My last job of the day was to take out the garbage.
Sewing
I decided to sew pillow cases yesterday. I didn't have the lady's pattern but know there are many out on the internet. I turned to one of my favourite channels -- The Fat Quarter Shop -- to see how she made them. I watched the video and then did the steps as I watched it the 2nd time. One pillow case got done.
I wondered about the cuff being cut like it is but I saw on Pin Cut Sew that is how she does hers. This pillow case looks short but it is folded in half.
I did start the 2nd pillow case and have it ready to sew the French seams. I did stitch down the little accent piece as I heard the lady say she likes that as these pillow cases go to hospitals.
I need to take it apart and turn it so the print is the other way (heads to the left), then finish it and the 3rd one today. It is a nice break from the table runner and all its tiny pieces.Knitting
I did knit 4 rows on the afghan last night. My shoulder has been sore so I am knitting slower than I usually do.
Thoughts
I wasn't as sore yesterday but my SI joint did rebel some. I wondered if it was the way I sit on the couch. I forced myself to sit back into the couch and straighter. It did help a lot as my SI joint didn't rebel as much. I did do my rotation stretches and had a small crack (release) when I went to bed. I slept all night and have very little pain this morning.
It rained hard last night. I read it was over an inch that fell in about 4 to 5 hours. We knew it was coming and there was a rain warning for the west half of the province. It has brought in some warm weather with it which can happen. One good thing is that the nights will be cool until Wednesday night when the next small system will move through.
Daughter spent the weekend showing dogs in Saskatchewan. The youngest one (under a year old) won 4th in his age group. That is quite an accomplishment for her as she is training this dog with the help of a friend. She is learning as he is learning.
The apron and placemats were auctioned off and they raised $175.00 for the club. I am truly shocked they got that much for them. But am grateful that I was able to donate something for the auction so the club has money to do the things they need to do.
Today
I have a list of items to do -- fold laundry, do laundry, get a few groceries I need, and clean some more cupboards. I also have to make dinner for the next couple of nights. This afternoon I would like to finish sewing the pillow cases. Tonight I will knit on the afghan.
Until the next time...........................................................



No comments:
Post a Comment