Yesterday was warm with a high of 21C (humidex 23C). This morning it is cloudy (pink clouds) and 12C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with the possibility of a late afternoon shower. The high is to get to 23C.
Lifestyle
I had an early physio appointment. The assessment showed I was in alignment but the SI joint was sore. She did a good 15 minutes of work on me to get the SI joint released and to get my leg to lay flat on the bed. My knee did crack when she started so something released. I did the gym exercises and then the heat and current therapy. The person who put the current pads on me put all 8 on and it was what I needed. I go again in 5 weeks.
When I got home, the company was there spraying weeds on the lawn. He was putting on a good coat of spray. We chatted where I wanted a bit of extra spray put and I left him to it. I will only have a few to dig out before the lawn is reseeded.
Once inside, I had a cup of coffee and put heat on my sore muscles and SI joint. I was told I would be very sore yesterday. I was and struggled all day with it. My first job was to finish the balance sheet and do the little bit of month end I had to do.
I did clean the server. Every thing was removed from it, the spaces wiped down and then everything put back in a more organized way. I had some recycling to get rid of. I wiped the outside down well. It was dirty as I have only dusted it. I did not wipe down the wall that was designated as I was very sore and tired.
After lunch, I laid down and had a good nap for almost an hour. I woke up feeling a bit more rested but was still very sore. I did prep for dinner (cut and marinade meat and cut vegetables). I decided to take out the recycling and that was one big job. I struggled down the stairs but got it done. I did it but all I can say is that it really hurt.
Sewing
I did not sew yesterday as I would have made one mistakes when cutting fabric. I did sit at the downstairs computer and looked at the embroidery files I have looking for something I don't have. It was fun to go through them. I found a couple of projects that I might make this winter.
I also looked on line for an embroidery file for the embroidered table runner but the ones I found are all to big. I have found one this morning that I may buy. I am thinking on it for a bit.
Knitting
I did not knit last night.
Thoughts
The physiotherapist told me I would be sore yesterday and she was spot on. It was muscle and tendons that were rebelling from the treatment. I did push through the pain and put a lot of heat on them until bedtime. I am much better this morning. On the up side, when I stood for my post assessment, I was standing with equal weight on both feet. Normally I have a bit more weight on my left foot.
I did not run the a/c yesterday and had the windows open all day. It was lovely having fresh air coming in. The bonus was the wind was cool which made it so nice to stand outside. The air had a bit of an autumn smell to it. I have the house wide open this morning enjoying the coolness.
I tracked my food again yesterday. Portion control and lots of vegetables. I have been eating cucumbers and tomatoes from my plants but it has been a poor year for them. Spring was so late that they are now producing. This is about 3 weeks later than normal. My weight is up a little bit from the beginning of August but about the same as it was near the end of July.
Today
I have to pay a bunch of bills online and in person. I want to wash some walls and fold laundry I did yesterday. I hope to sew on the table runner this afternoon and knit tonight.
Until the next time.....................................................
No comments:
Post a Comment