Saturday, September 26, 2026

Table Runner Done and Gone

 Yesterday started out sunny and then clouded over in the late afternoon. The high got to 21C. This morning it is cloudy and 12C. Today we could have a shower or two with a high of 17C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was busy. The morning was spent finishing up the table runner. After lunch, I went to the tire shop to have a bit of air put in one tire. It has a very slow leak. I asked for an appointment for next week to have the tire checked. The service man wasn't busy so he did it on the spot in the parking lot. I was so grateful for them doing it right then and there. I also got the tire torqued after coming home from New Minas. 

I headed out to New Minas and the road was busy both ways. I got to the quilt shop, handed in my table runner and headed to the grocery store. Got what I needed and headed home. 

After a short rest with heat on my SI joint, I was out for dinner at family's. We had chorizo rice bowls. It was very nice. After dinner, I peeled 36 eggs while daughter-in-law finished the fillings. We loaded the car with the baskets of fillings and I locked the door. Oops, we didn't have the bread. A good laugh and we got the bread out into the car. We put everything into the fridge and cooler and headed home. Daughter-in-law was going to make a square and then get into the hot tub. She is really sore from her osteo treatment. I came home. 

Sewing

I finished the table runner in good time and spent a lot of time using the lint roller on it. Then I sprayed it and pressed it well. I have gone from hating it to liking it. 

The backing and binding are fabric I truly love. The colours are soft and muted. I have fabric left over so I put it into the drawer of dog fabric. 

I rolled it up, tied it with a ribbon and took it to the quilt shop. 

When I walked into the quilt shop, a spotted an employee who was gone for 2 years. He had a contract in another area of Nova Scotia and he rejoined the team when he got home. He is such a creative person and will be doing a lot for the store. I visited with him and a few other staff members and left. I didn't buy any fabric but I did admire a baby quilt made from Peter Rabbit fabric. It was stunning. 

I didn't buy any fabric as I am going to clean the sewing room and do a few easy projects for the next while. The next contest is Christmas stockings but I won't take part as I have made everyone stockings that needed them. That includes the dogs. 

Knitting

I did knit 5 rows last night. The afghan is growing which is nice to see. 

Thoughts

    I am having less pain every day. Everything is weak and gets tired quickly. I am trying to walk and do the stairs to help strengthen the muscles. I am looking forward to learning what I need to do next. Having less pain means I am sleeping better at night which does help.

    I am excited to get back into my regular routine. I know it will be busy for the next 2 weeks as daughter-in-law will be away and I am doing the buying and mixing of the sandwich fillings. But most days I can do my normal routine. Back to fall cleaning. 

    It is the 2nd weekend of the fair and it is another stay at home weekend or we go elsewhere to shop. The fair opened yesterday and I was nervous about the traffic congestion but I lucked out and it was easy to get around. Today and tomorrow will be another story. 

Today

I have to be out in an hour to make sandwiches and once home I need to do laundry and clean the bathroom. I also need to prep vegetables and meat to make dinner tonight. This afternoon I want to start cleaning the sewing room. Tonight I will knit on the afghan. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment