Thursday, September 24, 2026

Two Leaves Left To Do

 Yesterday was another lovely day with a mix of sun and clouds. The high got to 16C. This morning it is clear with frost and 3C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 18C.

Lifestyle

I made cookies again yesterday morning. I spent some time prepping the ingredients so I could focus on making the cookies. It works so much better for me. I had the cookies done and the dishwasher runner by 10:30 am. I am done making cookies for now. 

The only other big job I did was to take the garbage out to the curb. It was lovely and warm out there which made is more enjoyable. 

Sewing

I spent an hour in the morning working on the table runner. I got quite a bit done. After lunch, I worked on it for another 2.5 hours when I decided to stop for the day. I only have two leaves left to quilt. 

It was a lot of sitting still sewing and then knotting the threads and burying them. I got sore from sitting still for so long and called it a day early. My goal is to finish it this morning so I can start the binding in the afternoon. I move around a lot when doing the binding. 

Knitting

I knit 7 rows on the afghan last night. It is now 10" long. 

The ball is now moving from dark to light coloured yarn. That is the fun part of knitting an ombre yarn. 

Thoughts

    I only had pain when I stood or sat for too long at one time. The muscles and SI joint don't like that so I was trying to move every hour. My muscles are learning how to work in ways they haven't for many years. They do get tired and they do like to let me know about it. Rest or movement does help a lot. 

    The storm coming in is letting us know it doesn't know where it wants to land. Yesterday the weather said lots of rain Friday through Sunday and today it says showers. Another report says nothing until Saturday night and it will last for a few days next week. We are in wait and see mode with Mother Nature as she makes up her mind. 

    We have had a touch of frost for two days in a row. This type of frost gives the trees a nudge to turn their leaves into the bright colours we get in the fall. What I haven't seen or heard are the Canada geese flying over. We usually hear them in the mornings and nights. All has been quiet here though they may be heard in other parts of the area. I know they like to spend nights over by the school grandson attended. 

Today

I am out soon to make sandwiches at the hall. When I get home, I will try to quilt the rest of the table runner so I can work on the binding this afternoon. I do have to read the bylaws for the quilter's guild and respond to it. Lunch time reading. Tonight I will knit on the afghan. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment