Saturday, September 05, 2026

Ready To Start The Afghan Again

 Yesterday started out with rain and ended up with sunshine. The high got to 22C (humidex 30C). This morning it is cloudy, windy, and 16C. Today is supposed to have periods of rain with a high of 16C. 

Lifestyle

I was out to make sandwiches yesterday morning. We had some good discussions on a lot of topics. One of the ladies had fallen on Monday and had a black eye and was really sore. My heart went out for her as she has some medical conditions that could be causing this. 

Once home, I sat down wondering why I was feeling so tired. My eyes were running and itchy. I was having an allergenic reaction to something environmental. Was it pollen? Shouldn't have been as it was raining or was it some perfume or cleaner I encountered at the hall. It lasted until last evening but I'm not quite over it yet. 

I did start cleaning the bathroom. I cleaned and scrubbed the vanity. I found old cold medications and tossed them. The top and sinks were scrubbed and each cupboard and the drawers were cleaned out well. I am happy with how it looks. 

After lunch I was out to take daughter-n-law's basket of containers home. They are what she makes the sandwich filling in. I had a short visit with son and then came home to do nothing but rest. 

Daughter-in-law brought me a bowl of soup that she had made after dinner and we had a good visit. She picked a couple of jalapeño peppers for their dinner tonight. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as my eyes were itchy and running from the allergies. I will have to say it was frustrating as I wanted to get the pumpkins done. 

Knitting

I started to unravel the afghan last evening. I had a bunch unravelled when daughter-in-law arrived. She unravelled 2 balls. By 9 pm I had the afghan unravelled and my should was telling me how it didn't like the job. 

I now have to put a long cord onto the needles I will use and see if my calculations of how many stitches I need are right. I can then cast on the stitches and start knitting again. 

Thoughts

    The rain storm we were to get wasn't nearly as bad as they had thought. It did rain but it came and went until mid afternoon when it cleared off. I am wondering where the rain is coming from for today and tomorrow. The wind is from the north and seems to be bringing in a new system with showers already this morning.  

    I had wondered if the place I get my car detailed had closed but found out it has moved to a new location. I will be going there next week to make an appointment to have it done later this month. I missed last year because of the water restrictions we had and then I was rushing around getting ready for our trip to Uruguay. 

    I am going to start pulling the tomatoes off the plants and empty the pots. I can do the flower pots after that. It is time to start preparing for the fall and winter. I will try to do a little bit each day after the Labour Day weekend. 

Today

I have to do a few small chores, mop the floors I have scrubbed, and continue on cleaning the bathroom. I want to sew the last 2 blocks of the table runner this afternoon and start knitting the afghan once again. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment