Thursday, September 03, 2026

The Table Runner is Growing

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a surprise shower mixed in to the works. The high got to 23C (humidex 25C). This morning it was foggy when I got up but clearing off now. The temperature was 13C. Today is supposed to be mix of sun and clouds with a high of 20C. Rain is coming tonight.

Lifestyle

I had a lovely drive to Bedford yesterday morning. The sky was a light blue with huge puffy clouds floating in it. Everything is green and lush with a few signs of fall starting to show. 

I decided to stop at Michaels to look at their fabric. This is what I saw. 

They are just starting to do the layout. I did some snoop shopping and bought some one-sided velcro which I do like. If I have to use velcro on doll clothes this is not as hard on their hair as the regular velcro. 

My next stop was Walmart. I did both my grocery shopping and that for the hall. I didn't do a lot of snoop shopping as I wanted to be home by noon. The person I had at the till was amazing. He was kind and very polite. I thanked him for his excellent service. 

I decided to do a bit of banking while in Bedford. When I entered the bank, the layout was not the usual layout in most banks. The tellers are at tables spread around the space. Same service, different layout. I was in and out quickly. It was time to go home. 

When I got home, I saw that my lawn was mowed and it looks great. I can't see the weeds so have to leave it until after the storm goes through and then pull the weeds that have survived the spraying. 

Inside, I put away my groceries and prepped the chicken for dinner. I sat down as I was sore and needed something to drink. I had a good morning. 

Sewing

My first job yesterday was to remake block 1. I cut the large piece and the small squares. I sewed the squares onto the corners and then proceeded to replace the old square. An easy job that took about 20 minutes to do. 

I then started to cut out block #5. I chose the light grey colour as I am mixing up the order of colours for the 2nd half of the centre part of the table runner. I was careful to cut only the pieces I needed for each small section. When sewing each section together I was careful to make sure the seams were pressed correctly so they would nest together. I had to repress a few seams. I actually enjoyed watching the cat come together when I sewed the final seam. 

The next block will finish the cat and I have to spend a lot of time cutting the small pieces and putting them together. The last two blocks will be easy; just pumpkins like block #1 and #2. Then it will be on to the leaves. 

Knitting

I ripped out the side borders and started to crochet a border. Not happy with it as it is rippling. I am considering this project as a semi flop caused by me and will start over again. I have lots of time on my hands so will work on it for the next few months. 

Thoughts

    We seem to be getting the storm from Ontario. It caused a lot of damage in Toronto and is moving happily over to see if it can drop the last of its moisture on us. They are predicting 24 hours of rain. 

    I was a bit stressed as yesterday was court day for daughter and her ex-spouse. Her lawyer let him ramble on and the judge had to remind him several times that he was off topic and what the protection order meant. The judge set a date for him and he has to follow it. Then it's on to the next part which I am not exactly certain about or its process. She is still under the protection order which is what is important. I realized the stress was more about "what's next" and not about trying to fix something outside of my control. 

    I was surprised to see children wearing backpacks walking up the street this morning. The bus arrived on time and school has started a day or 2 before Labour Day weekend. The fall routines have started and the street will be noisy in the mornings once again. It brings up memories of when I was teaching. Good memories. 

Today

I am going to wash the walls in my hall this morning and stop before noon so I can deliver bread to the community hall for sandwiches. After lunch I want to sew block 6 and possibly block 7. Tonight I will start ravelling the afghan so I can start again knitting it later this week. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment