Yesterday was sunny with a high of 24C (humidex 30C). This morning it is raining lightly and 20C. Today is supposed to be wet with some heavy rains falling during the day. The high is supposed to get to 22C (humidex 30C).
Lifestyle
I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen. It was a heavy duty cleaning session. I scrubbed as many surfaces as I could and by the time I was ready to empty the garbage and recycling, I had to lie down and do my SI stretching exercises. It really helped doing them. Then it was up and emptying the garbage and recycling, vacuuming the floor and mopping it. It was dirty but not as bad as I had thought. When done, I sat on the couch with the heat on my SI joint. It deserved it as it didn't hurt after doing the exercises.
I did do a load of laundry and it is in the dryer waiting for me to fold it (once again). It will get done today.
I was out to get myself some dinner last night as I didn't have time to make it. There are a lot of hydrangea bushes in the 55+ community and they are turning from vanilla to pink. The pink will darken to raspberry.
I was out to the community hall last night and helped family some. They set up the hall for a celebration of life that will be held this afternoon. We got everything ready as we have to make sandwiches for it and a smaller batch which we will deliver to another location. We were home in good time.
Sewing
I worked on the placemats yesterday afternoon. The backing was cut for the 4 placemats and batting for 2. The remaining batting is ready to cut. I sandwiched the 2 placemats I wanted to quilt and set about quilting them. The first placemat was easy. I stitched around the block in navy and then used khaki thread on the main part. The rows are 2" apart.
The second placemat took longer to quilt as I had to change the thread to blue to do the sky. But I am pleased with the results of it.
I have enough blue thread to do one more placemat and then will have to get another spool on Tuesday. I can cut out the binding and sew it on as I can use a different shade of navy for that.The bag is cute, Marianne. It is very different to most patterns I have looked at. If I have a zipper I may have to try it out using the fabric I won.
Knitting
I did knit on the afghan last night and ran out of yarn.
I will attach another ball and knit that row plus the border and call the afghan done. It is long enough to wrap up in this winter.I am not sure what I will knit next. I am thinking about something for the dolls but may cast on a pair of socks. I can make heavy weight wool socks for daughter for Christmas.
Thoughts
Thought it is to rain until about midnight tonight, it seems as if we are in the area of highest rainfall amounts. It all depends on how the storms move and if they start to circle around and collide with each other. As this storm is bringing in warm moist air, it will take a couple of days before it will start to cool off at night. There will be updates later today on how things are going to look for tonight.
I finally figured out why I am struggling and feeling tired. It started just before the Spousal Unit's birthday in July and carried itself forward with me having some good days and some days I struggled. The worst day was August 22 which is the day we had to put him into the hospital. I know this "funk" will carry on until Sept 22 when he passed away. Why it has hit me hard after 4 years I don't know. I do know it is common for this to happen and I know it will pass. The biggest thing I am struggling with is wondering if I could have done more for him. I have let this run in my head and know family and I did the best we could for him and that we couldn't have done more. This will pass as it always does so I am working at being gentle with myself.
Today
I am out shortly to help make 16 loaves of sandwiches. Once done I am not sure what I will do. Fold laundry for sure. Sew if I have the energy. Cook dinner at home. Knit tonight. It is a day of "wait and see".
Until the next time.....................................................



No comments:
Post a Comment