Yesterday was mainly sunny with a high of 25C (humidex 27C). This morning it is cloudy with showers and 19C. Today is supposed to be cloudy with showers. The high is supposed to get to 25C (humidex 30C).
Lifestyle
I had to go out to pay the water bill and then went to get my prescriptions refilled. The pharmacist and I had a lovely visit. She lives across the street from me. We got caught up on all the news. Her oldest son is at air cadet camp and got to fly a plane this past week. He is going into the Air Force when he graduates in 3 years.
Once home, I grabbed my gardening tools and was out to pull weeds from the side of the house. This was a harder job as the soil is dry by the house. I had to dig and pull hard to get them out. I slowly worked my way down the side emptying the bin once when it was over full. I kept on going and ended up doing some weeding at the end of the deck. The bin was over flowing when I quit. It was getting warm and I needed something to drink. I was pleased with what I had accomplished in just over an hour.
Once inside, I had something to drink and sat on the heating pad. I was really sore thanks to the barometric pressuring dropping and some storms floating around. I did rest until noon which was only 30 minutes.
I also rested later in the afternoon as I was really sore and needed more heat. I cannot figure out where the storms are coming from but they are coming in for sure.
Sewing
I did push myself downstairs to sew. I had to make 4 flying geese so cut the fabric for them and the ones for the apron. Once I had made the geese for the last placemat, I then started working on the last placemat. I plugged away and got it done by mid afternoon.
I will sandwich and quilt them when the apron is completed.Knitting
I did not knit last night. I had no energy to do much of anything.
Thoughts
I have pushed myself weeding and I am tired from it. But I also feel great as I have been outside in the fresh air and can see what I have accomplished. I have 2 more days for sure to get all the weeds out from the front lawn and the back deck area. When the company comes to do weed control I will have them do along the property line really well.
Our street has been a hub of activity with people mowing lawns and getting a bunch of yard work done while it was cooler. The people who bought our friend's house has been cleaning up the front yard. It has gone from an au natural look to a more manicured look. I am sure their compost bin is as full as mine is. The pharmacist and her husband have been doing a lot of pruning also which goes into a big pile in their back yard. It is interesting to see what people do in their yards and watch them transform over time.
I had to empty the dehumidifier this morning. It is still filling the tank in about 24 hours. I sort of know when it is full as the air feels moist and the house feels warmer than normal. I keep reminding myself we have had a wetter summer this year.
My SI joint does not like me weeding as it gets tired and a bit tight. I notice that heat and resting does help it. My muscles are rebelling also but I know they are just getting stronger and will settle down. They get a couple of days rest and then I will be back at it.
Today
I have to do the balance sheet this morning and then go get my prescriptions. I will do housework if I have time and will sew this afternoon. Tonight I need to measure the afghan and decide if I continue knitting or start the border. A quieter day for me.
Until the next time............................................................

No comments:
Post a Comment