Yesterday was mainly sunny and humid. The high got to 26C (humidex 30C). This morning it is cloudy and 18C. Today is supposed to be mainly cloudy with a high of 25C (humidex 29C). We are to have rain starting tonight. We are under a weather statement for heavy rain.
Lifestyle
Yesterday morning was another go at making brownies. I lined the pan with parchment paper which seemed to take forever. Getting it the right size was time consuming but I built a sling. Making the brownie was easy. I weighed all the ingredients out first and then made it. I baked it and when it cooled the thing came out of the pan easily. I will ice it tonight.
I did clean up my baking dishes but need to do a big clean in the kitchen once again. It is on the to-do list for today.
I did get all the laundry folded and put away. It felt good to get that job done just in time to do more laundry.
My lawn was mowed at noon yesterday and it was long. I will be monitoring the growth more closely and texting sooner. It was okay this time as the lawn got over being stressed from the heat wave we had. Once it cools down I will be out there pulling weeds once again.
Sewing
I had a 4.5 hour sewing marathon yesterday afternoon. I started off getting the dog square sewn down on the apron and then proceeded to read the instructions. I made a plan.
I sewed 1/4" away from the top of the bottom band and up the geese on the apron. I also sewed 1/4" down each side of the apron. That allowed the apron front and lining to be attached. The thread is such a perfect match you really don't see it.
I hemmed the top of the apron so it was finished neatly.
I hemmed the first facing for the side of the apron. This is the casing for the strap to go through. I sewed it on and pressed it in place. I was happy with the results.
The second facing was hemmed and when I went to attach it, it was not the same size as the other one. They both had the same number on them. I quickly cut out a new facing and hemmed it. I attached it to the apron and pressed it in place.
The facings needed to be stitched down to form a casing. The one side was easy as I could sew it down using the matching thread. The other side needed me to change thread colour for the patch.
The tie was made, pressed and top stitched. I threaded it through the casings and called it done for the day. It was 5 pm.
A close up of the dog patch I added to the apron. You can barely see the stitching line I had to do.
It looks crooked as I stood at an angle to take the picture.
Next up is to finish the placemats. I did look at them and realize I have a lot of thread changes when quilting these. I am trying to figure out what I will do.
Knitting
I did knit last night and got 6 rows done. I am almost done the ball of yarn.
Thoughts
I was incredibly sore yesterday. I hobbled around all day. I checked the weather map and saw that there was rain along the Halifax side of the province (50 miles away). The barometric pressure had dropped and was starting to rise. I blamed it. When I looked at the weather at 5 pm, we were under a weather statement. My body was reacting to what ever is coming in. They say up to 4" of rain could fall with storms circling around and passing over each other.
I read this morning that the trade deal between Canada and the US didn't reach the finish line. I have read that the people of both countries want tariffs gone as we are, ultimately, the ones who are paying them. Unfortunately we are the ones affected with rising costs, job insecurity, and fear of what the future holds for us.
I did a quick assessment of the weeds in the lawn. I have a few mornings of work to do out there. I have to get out the shovel as the weeds did get cut down and will be harder to pull. I will then have to see if I can hoe the dead grass so the soil is exposed. And the last big job will be to weed the dreaded hedge.
Today
I am going to clean up the kitchen and do a small load of laundry. I have to make dinner. I want to start quilting the placemats and will knit tonight. A quiet day at home.
Until the next time.................................................


No comments:
Post a Comment