Yesterday was mainly cloudy with the sun shining some in the morning. The high got to 22C (humidex 24C). This morning it is cloudy and 14C. Today is supposed to be cloudy with a chance of showers late this afternoon. The high is to get to 23C (humidex 27C).
Lifestyle
I had a very busy day yesterday. It started out with me cooking the chicken after I had cooked breakfast. It was cooled and put into the fridge. Then it was out the door to start working on the yard.
I pulled weeds down one side of the driveway. I got a full tub from there and had to stop as I don't do down into the ditch. It is steep and I may not get out of it. After emptying the tub, I started to pull weeds from the lawn. I got quite a section done and filled the tub once again. At that point, I stopped for the day and took stock of what to do next.
Once inside, I cut vegetables for dinner. They were put into the fridge. I cleaned up the kitchen and then decided I had enough time to go grocery shopping. I'm glad I did as the store was quiet and I was able to get what I needed quickly and then left for home. The groceries were put away and after lunch I folded the laundry.
In the late afternoon, I cooked rice and made dinner. I have enough food for dinner tonight which was the plan. I also watered all the vegetables. After cleaning up the kitchen, I crashed on the couch. I was tired.
Sewing
I worked on the placemats again. I cut back the black borders to 1/4" and then cut out the strips for the new borders. I got them sewn on and added the flying geese. By the time I was ready to leave the sewing room, I had 2 placemats sewn.
I have to cut out 4 more flying geese for the last placemat and then I can make the last placemat. As I have more to do, it will take me most of the afternoon to make. Then it will be on to making the flying geese for the apron.I found a table runner that I quite like. I am thinking how to make it for my house.
Knitting
I knit 9 rows last night and I am going to measure the afghan as it is getting long. It may be close to being finished.
Thoughts
The weeding is coming along nicely. It is desperately needed as they are taking over where the lawn has died. I have decided to weed along the side of the house next and then go back to pulling weeds out of the lawn. Once that is done, I would like to get rid of the dead grass so it is ready for seeding this fall. I saw a man using his hoe to remove the dead grass from his lawn and I know I can do that over time. I will try the regular hoe and the dutch hoe to see which one works the best.
I am dealing with some thoughts as it is almost 4 years ago that we admitted the Spousal Unit to the hospital. I am trying not to blame myself for what happened but it creeps into my thoughts in August and September. I am more sad more than anything as he didn't get to have a longer and healthy life. I am healing and find I only have these spells a couple of times a year.
Today
I have to go and pay my water bill and get refills for my prescriptions. Once home I hope to do some weeding along the house. Once inside, I want to do a bit of cleaning. This afternoon I want to finish placemat #4. Tonight I will measure the afghan and make a decision on if I finish it or do more.
Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:
Post a Comment