Saturday, February 12, 2022

Progress Made in Sewing and Knitting

 Yesterday was mainly sunny and the high got to 6.8C. This morning the temperature was 6C and we are to have sunshine and 11C. It is to cool off for a few days and then back to better temperatures. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

It is said that the average number of skaters on the LaHave during the past ten days was 500 daily. Feb 12, 1890

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit decided that he was going to shovel snow away from the down pipes and he did that yesterday. He also got the sidewalk cleaned off. 

I cleaned the bathroom again. It is nice to have it clean. I also did some cleaning in the kitchen. Laundry was done but not folded. 

Last night, daughter-in-law and grandson arrived with an early birthday present for me. They bought me new pots and pans as my old set is in horrid shape. I was shocked and surprised at such a lovely gift. 

The virus took the life of a child under 11 which was upsetting. Hospitalizations are going down as are the number of people in ICU. The number of new cases reported is remaining about the same. 

Sewing

I worked on the lobster tail bustle yesterday and got it cut out and about 65% sewn. I used 1/4" wide zip ties for boning and when I got them inserted into the casing I stopped for the day. I needed to think about the next step -- cutting the zip ties and sewing the seams up. Hopefully it will be done today and I can take pictures of it.

I laundered the fabric for the placemats and bag I am going to make. The red fabric bled leaving the dye catcher quite red. The fabric is ready to be starched so I can make the projects when I'm done the dress. 

Knitting

I got the heel flap knit and turned the heel with no problems. I've joined it back into the round and started knitting the gusset. Row 1 is done and I hope that all goes well with this sock. 

Hopefully they will be done early next week. I will then turn my attention to more socks. I was going to knit a shawl to go with the 1870's Bustle Dress but they were out of fashion by then. I will save the red yarn for another project.

Today

More housework, laundry, sewing and knitting. I'm ready to throw in the sock and run away for a day of looking around but there is nothing to see but snow drifts and piles. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment