Thursday, February 10, 2022

Lobster Tail Petticoat Completed

 Yesterday was a mix of sunshine and clouds. The high got to 2.3C which was nice. They say we had 2.7 mm of moisture which must have fallen before 6 a.m. Today is to be much the same - a mix of sunshine and clouds with a high of 5C.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The men in the yard of Messrs Raymond & Co are about commencing a schooner large enough for the West India trade. Beaver River Feb 10 1881.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit removed the snow/ice from the deck and down the sides of the driveway yesterday. With the warmer weather and sunshine, he got most of what he wanted to done. 

I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and was happy to have that job done. It wasn't real dirty, it just needed to be wiped good, the appliances polished and the floor washed. 

There are 91 people in covid units with 16 in ICU. Five deaths were also reported. There were 365 new cases reported. There was a briefing and starting Monday, there will be easing of some restrictions. It feels like we are going back to pre-Omicron restrictions. We learn to navigate covid over the next 3-4 months. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room working on the
lobster tail petticoat. I got it done and am happy with this pattern. 

 

The back is not as poofy as I had thought which may be from using a light weight linen. 

  

I found a piece of heavier linen for the bustle and I am going to starch it heavily so it will pouf out at the back better. 

Knitting

The first sock is completely done and the second sock is started. I am pleased with what I got done yesterday.

Today

We are going to Coldbrook this morning and stopping at the fabric store on our way home. I have 3 pieces of fabric and some interfacing to buy for projects that I want to make this month. This afternoon I want to cut out and start sewing the lobster tail bustle. Tonight I want to knit on the socks. 

Until the next time.........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment