Saturday, February 19, 2022

Another Storm Arrived and Left

 Yesterday's weather was warm (13.8C), wet (over 1" of rain fell), cool (low -6.7C) and a dusting of snow. This morning, it is -10C and sunny though we are to get snow tonight. The high today is suppose to get to -3C.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The whistling buoy which has been serenading the Westport people for some time has been towed into the harbor. It is suppose to be from Lurcher. Digby Feb 19 1886.

Lifestyle

Between 60 and 70% of the snow disappeared during yesterday's rain. It was amazing how fast it went. The ditches were full of runoff and the ditch that runs down the side of our property actually was forming a lake that was up to the end of the hedge. The water cut through the snow and drained away through the culvert. The ditch at the front of the house seems to be draining away also as there is little water showing in it. 

We had to go into town for a very quick trip and the ditches were quite full and running fast. We were happy to get home as we were between heavy down pours. 

I did a bit of housework and a load of laundry. I had no energy and was watching for water in the house. Nothing happened but I did worry. 

There were 320 new lab confirmed cases of the virus and no deaths yesterday. The number of people in hospital (66) and in ICU (11) remain about the same. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours sewing on the skirt yesterday. The ruching got done which was nerve wracking. 

We had to guess where to start the ruching at the top and looking at the pictures I picked where the bottom of the side lap will be sewn on. 

I started on the back. It is time consuming as you need to gather the ruffles onto the pieces. I got 2 done. 

I still have 2 more sections to do.


I pinned the front of the skirt on so I could see how it looks. I am happy with it. 

I got a call and my Juki is coming home. They had to adjust the top tension. I ordered a upright spool holder and they gave me 10 bobbins. I will be so happy to have this machine back. I have missed it a lot though the Diamond has been well behaved. 

Knitting

I finished the first Unicorn sock and I really enjoyed knitting it. I seem to have got into the groove of knitting heavy socks. 

I will cast on the second sock today. I have enough yarn to make a pair of mirror socks and then I will be out of heavy yarn. Back to knitting fine yarn socks which I do enjoy also. 

Today

I have some housework to do, laundry to fold, sew on the skirt and knit on socks. A stay at home day. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment