Friday, February 21, 2020

Thinking About March

It is -17C this morning. Cold. With the wind it is -23C. Yesterday was cold also. The high was -10C. The sun shone which was nice but the wind went through you like a knife. I'm ready for a few days of sunshine and warm weather. 

Lifestyle

We headed down the valley to Coldbrook mid morning. The objective was to get apples and we did well. Nice ones this time. We also started to pick up a few items for the boot bag we are donating to the youth barrel racing in October. 
We stopped at New Minas on the way home to get a few items and it was an easy in easy out situation. That does not happen often in that town. We were home at about 2 p.m. and I rested. Tired from lack of sleep the night before. 
I picked up grandson from school and delivered him home. I do enjoy that as we chat in the car about his day at school. 

Sewing

I did nothing in the sewing room yesterday. Tiredness and not much time kept me out of there. I would have made a big mess if I was in there. 
I did update February's to-do list with pictures and done dates. I am ready to do a bit of piping before starting the Christmas sewing and after I will divide my time between piping and a quick unplanned project or two. I will have 4 days of free sewing. I am thinking of a bag for the library and finishing up a UFO. 
I'm facing March with only a couple of ideas. I need to handle fabric to get inspiration. The ideas I have are Halloween wall hanging, shirt for the Spousal Unit, and a St. Paddy's Day wall hanging with no saying. Even Christmas is eluding me as I haven't touched the Christmas fabrics in over a month. 

Knitting

 I put away some yarn, got out needles for a doll's sweater and the mittens. I cast on the sweater using up the yarn left over from the messy bun hat and cowl I made for daughter-in-law. It is turning out cute and a pain to photograph. I am ready to knit the first sleeve tonight. 

Today

I am doing some housework, vacuuming and laundry. I will get the sewing room cleaned up and ready for piping. I have to make grandson a salad for his birthday dinner tonight. More knitting when we get home. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment