Sunday, February 09, 2020

Test Pattern Completed

Yesterday was cool with lots of flurries. The skies cleared towards evening and the temperature dropped. This morning it was -12C and the sun is shining. 

Lifestyle

With the wind came debris. We had a garbage can in our yard which the owner came and got. Our next door neighbor tossed their live Christmas tree into the yard about 3 weeks ago and it came to reside in our yard. The Spousal Unit returned it. A shingle from someone's house was in our yard also. The neighbour across the street had quite a few shingles standing up on his roof. The Spousal Unit walked over to tell them. Our damage was minimal. The plastic extension for one down pipe was in the ditch. Retrieved and put into the garage. 

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room working on the test pattern. I did a lot of basting on the bodice. It paid off. The collar laid flat without being tacked down. I did tack it down in the end to keep it stable. 
The skirt was easy to make. I kept the pattern on the fabric and basted the curved lines for the bias tape. I ripped off the pattern. I will print it again if I choose to sew it in another fabric. People were concerned about hemming the circle skirt. I serged it and hemmed it easily. 
I hate tying bows. I think this was the hardest part of the pattern. 
There was to be buttonholes in the back but I sewed on buttons and put snaps underneath. 
If I make the dress again, I would use a plaid fabric with a plain collar, no trim or bows. 

Knitting

I unknit 4 rows of the dog sweater and then did the second set of button holes. I have more knitting to do before the third set of button holes. I did quite a bit of knitting last night after two nights of not knitting. 

Today

I need to launder some fabric, set up the next wall hanging and prep to make a bag that someone ordered. I hope to knit tonight. I'm fighting a cold so am tired at night. I'm hoping to win this round. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment