Saturday, February 29, 2020

Table Runner/Topper Ready to Finish

Yesterday was a crazy weather day. Snow, sunshine, snow and sunshine together, and wind. The last flurries fell at about 6 p.m. This morning it is -5C and the sun is shining. But, we will see snow flurries this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit and I spent some time working on the puzzle and got about 12 pieces put in. We did have to remove some pieces to get those 12 pieces in. Though there is between 15 and 20% left to finish, they are the hardest pieces to put in. 
I spent some time prepping for paperwork today and tomorrow. When done, it will be a month before I have to do more. Now, I can get back to doing other things like housework. 
Last evening we attended the play "Frozen" put on my the school grandson attends. He has a part in the ensemble and spoke 3 lines. It was well done and the students did a fabulous job of acting and singing. The school is very fortunate to have great drama teachers and the community has a theater group who helps them out. 

Sewing

Lesson 5 of digitizing the chicken was completed and I learned a lot. On the Mac, pattern changes have to be made prior to doing the fill in. On the PC, it can be done afterwards. On the Mac, the bigger the space, the more points you get to move or delete as the fill in is smaller than the space. On the PC, you only have to move a few of the points as it fills the space much better. 
I also beat the table runner/topper into submission. All the stitches in the border were removed and I hand basted near the stitching line and the edge. 
I finished up a spool of lime green thread basting. I also put the walking foot onto the sewing machine and am ready to get this completed to hand sewing the binding down. Not a lot but enough to keep me busy today.
I'm in the process of getting March's list up. Check to see what I'm doing in March. 

Knitting

I've been asked to test knit another sweater and hat in March. That is two projects I need to work on. 
I didn't knit last night as we got home late. Today I will have to try and get the mitts almost done. 

Today

Paper work takes the forefront, then sewing and knitting. We do have to go out and vote right after lunch so it will be a busy day. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment