Monday, February 10, 2020

February's Wall Hanging Started and Finished

Yesterday we had a cool but mainly sunny day. The high got to -5C. The temperature dropped to -12 during the night and then rose to -4C this morning. We are to have snow and rain today with a high of 3C. 

Lifestyle

We carved the turkey I cooked. The meat has been frozen and the bones cooked for soup. I need to get vegetables and noodles to finish it up. 

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room making a new wall hanging for Valentine's day. I had designed the pattern last month and tweaked it so it would be what I wanted. The thread came from the embroidery thread stash. The goal this year is to use up as much thread in the stash as possible. I can see that becoming an issues as time goes on but I am working around it. I can buy white and black thread when the time comes. 
The brown tweed thread for the monkey is old. I bought it at least 12 years ago. It is perfect for this project and others that I plan on making using sock monkeys. 
I have to say that I am enjoying using the embroidery machine once a month. I hand stitch down bindings on other projects while the machine stitches out the design. 

Knitting

I have the dog sweater ready to start decreasing for the shoulders to the neckline. One ball of yarn is almost used up. It looks like I will have one ball of yarn left over. 

Today

I am watching the weather as I had thought of going into the city to shop. If I don't, I will be doing some housework and starting a reusable grocery bag. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment