Thursday, February 06, 2020

Starting Another Test Pattern

Though the sun shone and the high got to 2C, the wind made you feel cold to the bone. It wasn't a smell the fresh air kind of day. Today the temperature is being crazy. -9C at 6 a.m. We are to get snow during the day and freezing rain overnight and Friday. Power outages are being predicted in some areas due to this storm. 

Lifestyle

The bathroom got its major cleaning yesterday. It took me about 2 hours to do the job but everything was taken apart and put back together. The floor was washed on my hands and knees. 
Last night we had dinner with family to celebrate son's birthday. It was a great time. 

Sewing

I spent a long time piecing a pattern together. The circle skirt consisted of 6 pieces and was quite confusing. I was able to cut out the pattern and it is ready to sew. I'm sure it will go together quite easily as the rating is confident beginner. I'd like to have it done by Friday afternoon. 

Knitting

The shawl got photographed on Nellie. 
It needs a pin of some sort to hold it together. 
I will make this scarf again and would like to try it in a finer yarn.
I also worked on the dog sweater. I'm one row short of doing the first button hole. 
There is a mistake in the pattern (I knit where I should have purled) but I'm not ripping it back. The dog will never notice and it is in a spot no one will notice. 

Today

We are off to Dartmouth for the Spousal Unit's appointment with the dermatologist. We will be home early as we are not stopping to shop. Left over cold pizza in the car on the way home. Depending on how we feel, I may rest. If not, I will start sewing the doll's dress. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment