Sunday, February 02, 2020

A Doll's Outfit is Done

Yesterday we had quite a cloudy day with some sun shine just before the sun went down for the night. We waited for the snow as we were prepared. Not a flake to be seen. This morning it is -1C, cloudy and with a slim chance of flurries.  

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I spent time cleaning the kitchen. I wiped all the surfaces and tidied up. Even got the floor swept. When that was done, I folded laundry. It was a great morning. I really enjoyed focusing on one area and doing it well.

Sewing

I had an hour in the sewing room before lunch and finished the skirt for the doll's outfit. I need to move the snap as it is large around the waist. The skirt is the underskirt for the Mary Laura Dress. It is an easy pattern to sew and looks good with the blouse. 
In the afternoon, I sewed the doll's blouse. It is an easy sew and went together well. It was done in record time mainly because I had read the instructions so often. 
The lace was done earlier as I was still testing it for the designer. I had to know if I could use this fabric or if I was starting again. I marked the darts ahead of time. I serged all the pieces prior to sewing. Once I started sewing, it was going through the steps, pressing well, and repeating. It was a focused day which was tiring. But, it needed doing so the tester can finish up the pattern to publish. I am going to post this in a contest just for the fun of it. I don't plan on winning as it is not where I want to go. I'm only showcasing items I make. 
I did clean up the sewing room at the end of the day. Floor was swept, cutting table cleared off and the next reading pillow fabric was pressed. It makes me feel good to know I can start today with a clean sewing room. 

Knitting

I worked on the scarf last night. I'm 7 rows from finishing it. To see the end is thrilling. There will be enough yarn to make the doll's a sweater. I hope to use it up this month. 

Today

I am going to do budget and menu planning today. If there is enough time left over this morning, I would love to do a daily cleaning schedule. I so enjoyed my little list yesterday, I'm pumped to work on doing a weekly one. I plan on starting the reading pillow this afternoon and working on the scarf tonight. I may set up a doll's shawl to go with the outfit I made. 
Until the next time.....................................


No comments:

Post a Comment