Monday, April 22, 2024

The Sewing Room Is Decluttered and Cleaned

 Though yesterday started. off cloudy, overall it was very sunny. The high got to 12.6C. This morning it is a bit overcast and 4C. Today is to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 9C. 

Lifestyle

The first thing I did yesterday was to get heat on my back. I kept it on my back while I did the balance sheet. No problems getting things to balance. I paid my taxes and put everything away for another week. 

Next up was to fold laundry with heat on my back. I got it all folded and put away. Once that was done, I put double the heat on trying to ease the pain. The pain was being persistent which was annoying and tiring. I alternated sitting with heat and walking in the house. Nothing wanted to ease the pain until the Tylenol kicked in. Then I could do a few things. 

I was outside for a few minutes cleaning the dust bunnies off the mop heads. I walked down the driveway and up the road a bit to admire my clean ditch. The neighbour's youngest boy did a perfect job of cleaning it. I am so happy it is done. 

The Sewing Room

I kicked myself into gear and went down to the sewing room. I wanted to get it finished. I sorted yarn and got rid of about 25% of the yarn. This is yarn that I never touch. It is the yarn that I push around when hunting for yarn to use. It is those half balls that I will never use up as there isn't enough. I put them into a bag to donate or give away for free. I sorted what was left into sock yarn, doll yarn, more doll yarn, hat yarn, and expensive yarn. I dusted the top of the cube and called it done. FYI, I have enough yarn to make hats for a long time. 

I did a quick clean of the book case as I am keeping all of the books, etc in it. I purged it hard 2 years ago and do look at those books. I swept the floor and mopped it with Swifer wet cloths. My back would not allow me to do it on my hands and knees. The floor was dirty. Most of it was lint from cutting fabric and every day walking in the room.

I still have to deal with two piles of fabric on the chair. One pile needs laundering and the other needs starching. I need to buy backing and edging for the cushion cover which will be done in the next couple of weeks. 

My treat for cleaning up the room was to embroider the second mug rug. Both have the back flap hand sewn down and are in the craft bazaar tub. 

I love these mug rugs and may have to make myself a set. 

My final thoughts on the sewing room:

    I have had time to think about the fabric in the stash. I have planned on making two cardinal cushion covers to sell plus the one for the sewing room. I have most of the fabric plus the zippers. I think for the 3 cushions I will need to buy .5 meter of fabric for the big cushion cover. I need to look at other fabrics in the stash and make start working on what I can make from it. 

    I have a lot of yarn and need to stop buying yarn unless it is for making gifts for family. I also need to find where I can donate hats. I have an empty bin to put them into so I can have a bunch to donate when the time is right. I also have to knit myself another vest with yarn I was given for Christmas. 

    I have realized that I don't really want to belong to paid subscriptions at this time. I want to sew up more of the fabric I have using the patterns and ideas I have accumulated over time. I find that having to make something once a month is not allowing me to sew down the stash. I have to say the projects are labour intensive and time consuming. I am enjoying them and learning and I want time to use what I have learned. Next year will be sewing up the doll patterns I have.  

    I have to say that I did keep the sewing room fairly tidy considering what I have been sewing. I did get behind on little projects which was the cause of the cutting table getting messy. This clean up and decluttering was focused more on letting go of items that I have not looked at in 6+ years and have moved around to get at what I wanted to use. I will still have to focus on keeping the room tidy on a daily basis. That is a given. 

    Is this the last decluttering I will do? No it isn't. I will look at everything again in December, see where I am at and what I need to do when cleaning the room then. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and got quite a bit done. I didn't take a picture of the hat but will tonight. I was too busy thinking of the yarn that needs to be knit into hats. There is enough yarn to make over 20 hats. 

Thoughts

    With the sewing room cleaned up, I now need to do some cleaning upstairs and then tackle the family room. A plan is growing as how I will tackle it and how I will set up to do my crafting. 

    My body rebelled with spending hours cleaning. I hurt from it and had an IBS attack from the pain and the food I was eating. I realize that I need to slow down and spend less time each day cleaning. I will have to listen to my body and stop when it says to and not push on. 

Today

I have osteopathy this morning and want to get a load of laundry on before I head out. I need to grocery shop either in Sackville or here. I don't know if I will sew or not but do know I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment