Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A Day Full Of Sunshine

 Yesterday was a lovely day with a high of 15.9C. This morning it is cloudy and 4C. We are to have mainly clouds with a bit of sunshine and a high of 9C. 

Lifestyle

I suffered with a sore SI joint all day. It was and would not seat correctly no matter what I tried or did. While sitting on the steps, it cracked and felt much better. There were a couple of cracks in bed and this morning I feel better. 

As a result of the soreness, I could not get down on the floor to do yoga. I couldn't wash floors on my hand and knees so I used a mop. I was not a happy camper as I went about cleaning the bathroom. I forced myself to walk and move as much as I could which was difficult but I am glad that I did. 

I was out to look at the garlic and there is a full box. The little ones I planted have taken root and are starting to grow. The rest are growing nicely. It is times like this that I want to plant seeds but have to refrain. It is too early here to do that. We have frost Thursday night. 

The sun made the house hot that I had to open windows to cool it off. The heat had been off most of the day which was nice. I ran the basement heat while I was hand sewing but it is off also. I am enjoying a warm house these days without having the heat on. 

Yes, somebody really enjoyed the sunshine yesterday.

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time on the quilt backing. Being sore slowed me down. It is cut to size and pressed. I did a narrow row of stitching around the edge of the top, gave it a final press. Both pieces are folded ready to go to the long arm quilter. 

I designed and stitched out a label for the cardinal quilt. I don't usually label my quilts but I did do this one. 

Once those jobs were completed, I drew the skirt of the kirtle (underskirt) onto the satin and started to hand sew the lace pieces down. 

I am slowly hand stitching around the bottom piece at the moment. Once done, I will do the top flowers and then decide if I need any more tiny pieces added to it. Then on to adding rhinestones. This part is slow stitching but I am fine with that. I can do an hour before I start making dinner. 

I have downloaded the booklet on last month's topic -- Tiny Hardware and have downloaded the first 3 videos on the dress we are making. I like having them for referencing at later dates. 

Knitting

The peach hat is completed and I can start on hat #3. 

I need to finish the purple hat so I can start on another purple one. I'm trying to use up the yarn before I start on the socks. 

Thoughts

    I am not sure why my SI joint was sore and not seated properly. I could feel it wasn't seated and massaged it hoping it would help. I did a lot of exercises that didn't help. It slipped in some during the day but it wasn't until it cracked that I knew it was back in place. The pain disappeared leaving the right hip and thigh tired and achy. I have osteopathy on Monday so I am hoping that the therapist can do her magic on that joint. 

    With spring here, I have found that I want to do something besides stay at home. I am thinking of going once or twice a month to sew at the quilt shop in New Minas. I can choose something I can work on up there. I know I don't want to volunteer due to the fact I don't want to be committed to every week doing something I may not enjoy. I would love to go explore places but I am still not able to walk long distances. I am between a rock and a hard place thinking of what I would like to do. Maybe I just need to go out and work in my yard twice a week. 

Today

I need to take out recycling and garbage, gather my quilting stuff and take off for a couple of hours. I am going to New Minas to get a few things and visit the quilt shop. I have to be home to take Elliott to the vet at 2 pm. I also have to take recycling to the curb before dinner. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment